Ruth's In The Hospital

BlueWolf

Ruth has not been feeling well since a couple of days but she brushed it of as a flu (since everyone's having that here). I've been walking the dogs whenever I can to help her out. Yesterday she didn't feel fine and called her general practitioner who immediately decided to bring her to the hospital as he didn't trust it. Not long there things only got worse and for a moment it got a bit too close :( The good news is that today she's doing much better. She has a kidney infection and got blood poisoning because of that but the meds are doing their work.

Now, she has three huskies here at her home and nobody to care for them. I do an (important) internship during the week, 9 hours every day and it gets me knackered at the end of the day. Despite that I decided to take the care of the dogs upon myself. I'm sleeping here and walk them in the morning before I leave, and in the evening right after I get back. Ruth's daughter walks them during the afternoon. The dogs will be alone during most of the time now but there's nothing that can be done about that right now. At least I can be here during the evenings. This might kill be at the end of the week if it'll take that long but these are the things you do for your dogs, even if they aren't really yours  :wub:

Right now I'm hoping for some good news from the hospital, possible a date when she can come back home...

Right, time to walk the dogs. They're looking at me in a funny way  :blink:

It might sound silly to say, but you need to take care of you too. If you are exhausted you will be no good to Ruth or the dogs. Ten minutes off their walk won't make any difference to them, but does mean you can sit and decompress with a coffee after what sounds like a pretty stressful day.

It might sound silly to say, but you need to take care of you too. If you are exhausted you will be no good to Ruth or the dogs. Ten minutes off their walk won't make any difference to them, but does mean you can sit and decompress with a coffee after what sounds like a pretty stressful day.

Don't worry. I tend to work really hard and crash down in the evening. This week I'll make sure to even it out over the entire day. The dogs don't really need long walk these days. They're usually no more than 30 minutes each.

Don't worry. I tend to work really hard and crash down in the evening. This week I'll make sure to even it out over the entire day. The dogs don't really need long walk these days. They're usually no more than 30 minutes each.

LOL sounds like my boy, he's only 2, but if his evening walk goes over an hour he gets the hump ! Comes home, has his dinner then collapses !

Tomorrow she's coming home! Both the dogs and Ruth can't wait. Will help her out with the dogs whenever I can though (and my mother has offered to do some household chores for her) as she may not have enough energy for that in the beginning. I'm so lucky this has ended in a good way. She's extremely lucky to be alive as earlier this week we genuinely feared for her life.

Forgot to tell but yesterday she safely arrived back home. The dogs were surprisingly timid, think they knew. Ruth is still feeling very weak and is sometimes at a loss of words but is very happy to be out of the hospital. I'll be walking the dogs for a while whenever I can :)