Does Anyone Else Do This?

BlueWolf

Does anyone else do this with their dogs? Putting a treat quietly in front of their nose while they're asleep and watch how long it'll take them to wake up from the smell until they realise there is something edible is in front of them and start eating it. My current 'score' is 15 minutes.

I secretly enjoy doing this  :redface1: Haven't got any complains from the dogs either  :lol:

:rofl:  :rofl:  I would fail miserably at that as soon as i move they follow me lol

How's Ruth doing?

Much better. Managed to contact today. The meds are kicking in and she's doing much better although still very tired. We hope she can come back home on Friday.

She's quite lucky to be alive. All she thought was that she had a bad case of the flu  :o And that's why you visit the docter when not feeling well even when you think you have it in control!

My record with Sky was over an hour whilst I was driving him home from an HO walk. He was awake when the treat was put in front of him. He left it in the car when we got home.

Treats aren't very useful for training him.

• 2 weeks later...

What about lucky ?

Lucky was not here when this thread was started, but will try him.  I will do it now and see how long.  Mind you the moment I open the fridge they appear like magic.  Not even a second, both of them woke up and sniffed it out.  Howler then got up and went to Lucky;s bed to see if he had any left.  :rofl:   They are both getting so big.

Edited by NOBEL48