Dont Leave Things On The Hob!

Stormy

Came back from walking the dogs yesterday and went to make myself some lunch which was only using the microwave may i add! Anyway i moved my bag onto the hob and as i did i must have nocked one of the nobs to the on switch!

I was sitting eating my lunch when i could smell smoke..... i thought thats odd :S then sat there for a minute then got up as could still smell it! walked out my living room to white everywhere pure smoke! Uh oh i though saw the hob and my bag was almost in flames..... picked it straight up put it into the sink with cold tap on then i rinsed a t towel with cold water run it out and put over the hob as that was also still on fire with bits of bag on it! 

I had to open all the windows in the entire house and the double doors the house including upstairs was just full of smoke!! It stank of smoke for ages! 

I empited the bag contents and had lost my storm umbrella and a couple of receipts but luckily nothing else other than the actual bag itself! Had to wash everything my hair everything just stank of smoke and i can still smell it now on certain things!! Awful awful smell

Lesson learned do not put anything on the hob EVER and leave smoke alarm plugged in (i had taken it out as it goes off every time you bloody cook!)

Heres the bag :( was my storm bag :(

1511440_603616406430875_2041766209291354

You were very lucky.

Still lesson learned.

We'va all done something similar at some point.