Greeting From St. Louis, Mo, Usa :d

TuanQT

Hello Husky-Owners !!!!!!!!! Greeting from St. Louis, Missouri, USA :D 

Today i made a hasty decision of adopting a husky. A friend of mine had a litter of 7 puppies and asked me if i wanted to adopt a puppy he would give me one for free. Well i have to pay for the doctor check ups and shots, which i didnt mind. I never own a pet before and have no idea of what i am about to get myself into. I used to have 2 jobs, recently got promoted in one of them and quit the other one. Now Im going to spend much less time playing WoW and taking care of my new PUPPY !!!!

About my puppy, his name is Louis, he was born on OCT-14-2014 so about 5 weeks old closing in on 6 weeks.

His diet is GNC baby formula and puppy can food, and mix them together. i am feeding him 3 time a day every 8 hours. It was suggested by a local Petsmart employee. 

I was successfully get Louis to use the puppy pad about 4 times, 2 pee pee, and 1 poo poo. He only have an accident once it was 4 inches away from the pad. We are working on it together.

A couple thing i am worried about Louis. He seem to be very temperature sensitive. Its about 71*F in my room and 64 *F in my living room and every time i took him out there he would shiver like my PS4 controller with rumble turn on max.

Louis also twitch during his sleep. After i did a Google search and found out he might just be having his puppy dreams.

Guys please go easy on me. I will take criticism as an encouragement to move forward with my puppy. If you have any suggestion please let me know. After reading around a bid I am already started to learn new things about Husky, IE: i didn't know dog could eat raw food, etc....

Anyway guys that was my rant. just dropping by to say hi and you will see me asking question as time go by. 

Hello.  Good on you for taking on such a young puppy, especially a husky one.  He does seem really young to be away from Mum and his siblings though and because of this you may have some problems later on when he's around 5 months onwards.  Huskies like to mouth and it really hurts! Staying with their family for longer, ie 10 weeks minimum really helps with this issue as Mum keeps young husky pup in check :)

Huskies are a wonderful breed but need a lot of time and patience, exercise and stimulation so be prepared for a lot of hard work :)

They reward you with stupid smiles and big sloppy kisses, oh and they are great at keeping you active, so no need for a gym ;)

Hello and welcome.  I would suggest a vet visit very soon, so you make sure the pup gets all the shots needed, and just a general check on health.  Also would be a good idea to take a fresh stool sample and have it checked for parasites.  Many pups end up with worms, and if present, you'll want to treat for that before they get too much hold.  Along the way, if you have any questions, please feel free to post.  Pics are also appreciated so we can go ooh and aww.