Puppy Wont Eat His Biscuits

clyvert

Hi folks

3 or 4 weeks ago Meeko had a bout of the runs, so checked with the vet and he said put him on chicken and rice for a few days with the odd scrambled egg till he is over it. No problems there worked a treat, only other advice he had was take him off the pedigree puppy 'it stinks going in and coming out'(vets words noit mine lol). He suggested either Beta or Royal Canine, which we have tried and he point blank refuses to eat the stuff,and it aint cheap the wee bugger lol, chicken he will eat till its coming out his ears, scrambled egg that too, so I'm thinking he aint getting anywhere near what he should food wise, so tried him back on the pedigree puppy and guess what? now he wont eat that either. So was just wondering if anyone else had experienced similar or had any tips on what we could do to get him back on regular scran, had a look at raw on the web, not too sure about whether that is any better than the wet,or dried options,though possibly dried isn't going to happen as he refuses to eat it, even if its mixed with either tinned or chicken etc, just picks out the meat and leaves the rest. 

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Thanks 

John

I feed both my girls on wainwrights which is a good food but even then mine will be fussy eaters if they think that holding out will get them something better: Trust me,  it doesn't work!  If they don't eat it, the food bowls are removed until next meal time.  Eventually they eat it but it can be a battle of wills sometimes!   

I wouldn't chop and change food brands too much as this has a nasty habit of giving them the runs.  Also when changing brands it's usually best to do it gradually over 1-2 weeks.  Mixing the two brands together, gradually decreasing the old one and increasing the new one.

However, I feed Ice Chappie which is a totally rubbish food but is the only food he can eat that doesn't give him the runs.  Believe me I've tried repeatedly to get him onto the good stuff but it just doesn't work.   l'd rather feed him something that doesn't upset his system but is a bit rubbish then pour money down the drain on a good quality food that literally runs straight through him.  Funny how things work sometimes.  

Thanks folks, and there was me thinking when i got the new pup, " Right this time im gonna be boss in total, no playing me or scamming me", and here we are getting scammed by a husky......again! lol, 

seriously though thanks for the advice folks will just need to out will him, 

Cheers

john

Kaisers like that his started doing it again i take the bowl away and put it on the foot stool near to where im sitting he thibks im taking it and sometimes eats it. If he doesnt i take it away and give it to him at next feeding time his food is prescription food and costs a bomb so i cant afford to waste it i want to look into raw though if it works out cheaper