New Member From Central Pennsylvania

psychgrl

Hi everyone!  So I'm joining after adding my first husky in many years.  I had a Siberian when I was in college (and well beyond-she passed away at almost 15 years of age) but have had German Shepherds in the years since.  I currently have two shepherds but just added a new husky pup this week!  We weren't really planning to add a new pack member yet but things just worked out.  We had researched and visited the breeder about a year ago and have been on the waiting list.  Then last week she still had a pup available from her last litter, which is unusual for this breeder...and it happened to be a black and white female which was just what we were hoping for!  Things just came together and now she lives with us!

I NEVER thought I'd have three dogs but so far so good.  I think that the puppy, once she's old enough, will be a great playmate for my younger shepherd-they already get along wonderfully-and then my older boy who is dealing with some health issues can have some peace.  So I've already been lurking a bit on here and this looks like a place with a lot of great people and information!

Here she is, little Nyx (Greek goddess of night):

post-12599-0-15265900-1417221766_thumb.j

post-12599-0-81134300-1417221911_thumb.j

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the pack. Nyx is simply gorgeous. She has a beautiful mask. We have two Huskies, both black & whites.

Thank you!  I love my GSDs but I'm so excited to have a husky again.  My first girl was a black and white and, as you can see, I'm partial to that color pattern but I really like all husky colors.  I really like her mask too-I hope it stays but, of course, you never know.  I'll have to check out pics of your dogs-the one in your profile pic is beautiful!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!  I'm not usually much of an active forum user but the reason I joined was because this seemed like such a great place!  I'm glad to hear that everyone loves all dogs-I understand.  I love seeing pictures of people's pets whether they are huskies or not.  So then, here are a couple of pics of my shepherds.  I'll try to find some better ones but these were what I could easily find.  The first one is Corvus, my younger boy.  I used to do Schutzhund training with him so that's where this pic is from (he's now living happily as a pet-as anyone familiar with the sport knows, it is a huge time and money committment).  The second is my older boy, Barghest.  He's super chill and sweet but has fairly severe hip issues, Lyme disease, and EPI.  He is almost 8 but still loves to run and play but has his tough, cranky days which is why it's great that Nyx is entertaining Corvus most of the time!

post-12599-0-13309300-1417279609_thumb.j

post-12599-0-84491900-1417279616_thumb.j

I love GSD's Good thing seeing as I own one Bella.

Haha, that is a good thing!  Bella is such a beautiful dog (as is your Noah)!  I've noticed that husky people will often have GSDs (or vise versa) so I find that interesting.  Though I've often said that Corvus has as many husky traits as shepherd ones...and now that Nyx is here he's started howling.  Not sure what that's about!

It's funny but I had never heard Corvus howl until she came along.  We had to crate her one evening while we ate, she started howling and he joined right in!  Now, when I take her out in the morning (they sleep in crates that are side by side), he starts howling instead of barking to come out!  It's really odd...

Oooh, Husky x Malamute crosses-I'll have to check out some of your pictures!

And mydiamond, perhaps your next pack member will have to be a GSD!  ;)