Going On Holiday?

mylilhuskyboyICE

So me and the other half are wanting to go on holiday abroad sometime next year as I have never used my passport but I feel bad about leaving the dogs behind. My friends mum is a dog sitter so I would know they are safe but has anyone else left their furbabys behind when going on holiday??

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nope mine come with us every time...but then we do go with the caravan so is easier ...and we both do nt care for the "hot" destinations...Old bugger that we are...:P

But if you trust your dog sitter why not better alternative then in kennels IMO...

They all have to start somewhere.  Good Luck Boyfriend. :D  We are leaving the woofs with a friend when we go to see War of The Worlds at the O2.   That's only for about 7 hours.  Arnie our faithful dog sitter.  Not sure about a whole week, I think he might go a little white if we suggested that.  But definitely sounds like you have nothing to worry about going on holiday.  :up: 

Haha aww thanks :P much happier with the idea when you put it that way, boyfriends being left with the dogs on his own today so will see if he can handle it haha

Lol might be better with the sitter ! Love the picture, although I'm pretty sure it's not Christmas yet ( somebody's spoilt !)

They all have to start somewhere.  Good Luck Boyfriend. :D  We are leaving the woofs with a friend when we go to see War of The Worlds at the O2.   That's only for about 7 hours.  Arnie our faithful dog sitter.  Not sure about a whole week, I think he might go a little white if we suggested that.  But definitely sounds like you have nothing to worry about going on holiday.  :up:

Love war of world's ! Didn't even know it was on at the O2 !

Usually leave mine with son but in January they are going to kennels for 2 nights. I phoned a couple and paid a visit, very impressed with what they offer and they own 6 malamutes so know sled breeds. The fact they know their carer us a big plus, go and enjoy x

Not sure where we will be going yet but I haven't been abroad since I was about 6 or 7 so it will be nice to get away

You *so* have to visit The United States :D Disneyland! Woo!

I don't trust kennels either. Good thing you have a family friend that can watch over the boys. They should be fine :) enjoy your trip! x

Ok Florida it is if we can afford it haha don't forget dog sitting will cost half a thousand

The one in Cali should be closer to you, no? :o I mean... If you spread out the world map, then you're closer to Cali than FL. But I *did* hear that the one in FL is better. That's where I'm going this winter I think :) x

EDIT: wait, you don't get "friends and family" discount? :o

Oh oh oh oh fly them over to Michigan! I could use some jumpy doggies to cuddle with :wub:

There's one Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. I've been there twice and still want to go there again :) they have two parks: Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. They will offer you a more-pricey ticket to go to both parks, but California Adventure is *way* too new. There's absolutely nothing in there (at least that's how it is last year). Save your money and stay in the original Disneyland park.

We went to Florida a few years ago, gave Disney a miss but did something different. We went to discovery cove, possibly the nicest place on the planet. We brought a package deal, one day at the cove and swim with dolphins, and it gave us unlimited access to sea world, aquatica and Busch gardens all for about £150 each.

More than worth it, IMO to stand in water and watch rays swim around your legs is amazing, actually better than the dolphins if I'm honest