Hypothyroidism

BingBlaze n Skyla

update on bingo , he has hyperthyroidism , it's an underactive thyroid which has damaged his liver a little bit but he's gonna be started on tablets on Monday and will need regular blood tests to monitor it but he's gonna be ok vet said it makes them cold and depressed so no wonder he doesn't wanna walk any more lol think it's time I got him a coat

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought hyperthyroidism was it working too well. Glad you know now though and he can get treatment and he'll be jumping around soon enough.

You can get underactive and overactive thyroids he definitely needs a coat he loves playing in the snow but won't be able to if he's feeling cold as it is bless him

Thank goodness you took him to the vets when you did or his hypothyroidism may have done more damage. Glad to hear he's going to be ok. Big hugs! Xxx

yeah we are lucky , i feel bad tho , if i had taken him for a check up when he stopped wanting to go for walks and slept more and more throughout the day his liver probably wouldnt have got affected at all :( i just put it down to age :( 

yeah we are lucky , i feel bad tho , if i had taken him for a check up when he stopped wanting to go for walks and slept more and more throughout the day his liver probably wouldnt have got affected at all :( i just put it down to age :(

Not your fault Nix. At this time of life they get good and bad days just like old people do, it's just par the course. You realised when the bad days started to look out of character and got him the help he needs. You did the right thing. Xxx

You can only act on the information you have. There was no way of knowing this before but now there is and you're doing your best to help him. That is what counts. You love him and he knows that very well and loves you too. X

Aww bless him. He'll be a fashionista, lol. Brought Brooke a brown leather bomber jacket with fur lining a few years back it it's too small around her neck. If you think it would fit Bings you're welcome to it but I must admit Brooke's probably half the size of Bings and if she's struggling then he's probably going to have the same problem. It's the big muscly staffy neck thats getting in the way, lol.

Aww bless him. He'll be a fashionista, lol. Brought Brooke a brown leather bomber jacket with fur lining a few years back it it's too small around her neck. If you think it would fit Bings you're welcome to it but I must admit Brooke's probably half the size of Bings and if she's struggling then he's probably going to have the same problem. It's the big muscly staffy neck thats getting in the way, lol.

Hey could u measure it for me please , he doesn't have the staffy neck issue being half whippet lol so it might fit him , he's about large in the pets at home ones if that helps from what I've managed to gather by measuring him lol

Hey could u measure it for me please , he doesn't have the staffy neck issue being half whippet lol so it might fit him , he's about large in the pets at home ones if that helps from what I've managed to gather by measuring him lol

I'll get onto it and pm you the size. Just need to dig it out. [emoji2]

At least you know what his problem is and can address it. He will be fine with your looking after him.

Huskies in the Heartland

Are u sure I'll pay postage if u want then?

Nope, you're fine. [emoji2]

I've measured it open and its 17inches with an overlap of 3 inches shut. Brooke's neck is 15 inches exactly and although I can just about get it on it is digging into her neck pretty badly, practically choking the poor girl!

Nope, you're fine. [emoji2]

I've measured it open and its 17inches with an overlap of 3 inches shut. Brooke's neck is 15 inches exactly and although I can just about get it on it is digging into her neck pretty badly, practically choking the poor girl!

Bings neck is 16/17 inches so doesn't look like it'll fit :-(