Oil And Coat

Tala

I was told adding oil to food helps keep the huskies coat healthy and shiny. First of all I'd just want some clarity on this advice and if it is correct what are the best oils to use?

Thanks

Oil can help with coat. However, you don't want to use like cooking oil. Also, an Omega 3 oil would be best. Here in the States, our vet carries an oil supplement with Omega 3 and Omega 6 properties, derived from salmon. It does not have a fish odor. Wish I could remember the name. Think it is Wellington or something similar to that. It can take a month or more, however, to see any changes in coat. The advantage of an Omega 6 / Omega 6 oil, is that it also promotes lubricity in the joints and helps with the immune system. Dosage is not very much. Like one tablespoon per feeding.

Pure Virgin Coconut oil is excellent for the coat. Fish oil is also very good as suggested above.

And Coconut oil halps with digesting food. It is very good for dogs.

Huskies in the Heartland