X-Mas Shopping So Far.....

Emma

I've been having a bit of an internet frenzy over the last week to try and get as many of xmas prezzies as I can.  Got most of my youngest son's now but the eldest one needs a few more bits.  Paul, my long suffering husband has precisely nothing!  What do you get the man who already is blessed by being married to me?  ha ha ha.  But no, seriously, what do I get him?  I've got no idea! 

How far along are you all with your xmas shopping?  Have you done any of it yet???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anything alcoholic?

I've only got one pressie left to get , my brothers are having money so don't have to worry about them

For any other adult male then yeah but Paul will expect the booze to be bought in with the xmas food shop.  He's quite crafty like that, lol.  Why are men so hard to buy for?! 

All done and all online...LOL...

Present for Paul...family forum cannot say LOLOL

in otherwords you are on your own there Emma....

LOL!  I really wanna reply but don't trust myself not to say something rude, so I'll do this instead.  :mouthshut:   :D

I finished last month just got the food shop to do :)

Oh you are soooo good!  :up:  I haven't even thought of the food yet!  :o

http://www.boots.com/en/ClarinsMen-Grooming-Essentials-Collection_1492657/im looking at getting the other half this but not sure if he'll be offended haha

All men get toiletries, ties, socks at Xmas. He really shouldn't be offended. If you got him one called smelly sod though, then he might! Ha ha.

All men get toiletries, ties, socks at Xmas. He really shouldn't be offended. If you got him one called smelly sod though, then he might! Ha ha.

Am glad I do not... I would be...:P:D but then I am awkward...

Mum already ordered her stuff from me. She went on Amazon and chose some books and DVDs and sent me what she wanted. My boyfriend is getting the Game of Thrones Blu Ray seasons 1-3 and a new laptop, but the laptop is going to be a combined gift from me, my mum, his parents and brother but we still have to get that for him. I'm waiting to find a good one cheap.

Other then that I'm done, it's up to my bf to buy for his family since they are so damn hard to buy for.

Paul's more of a tinkerer than practical.  He keeps taking things apart and putting them back together again.  There are bits of electrical components all over my house, the worst places affected being the kitchen and dining room! 

Good idea Zanki, should get hubby to buy for his side of the family too as they are always the worst to get stuff for!

lmao Elyse!  I buy my own presents too and then give them to Paul to wrap up.  At least that way i know i'll like them and he doesn't have to stress over buying stuff.  ;)

Is that that shopping you do on the 24th of December. ?????

I believe that is what they are talking about. I have a system:-

23rd. Go to cash point.

24th.

Have pub lunch with colleagues, tell them I have to pick something up on way to the office.

Roll in 2 hours late and discover most of them have gone home.

Raid other people's desks for left over wrapping paper.

Wrap presents at desk using the office tape dispenser (much easier).

Paul's more of a tinkerer than practical.  He keeps taking things apart and putting them back together again.  There are bits of electrical components all over my house, the worst places affected being the kitchen and dining room! 

Good idea Zanki, should get hubby to buy for his side of the family too as they are always the worst to get stuff for!

lmao Elyse!  I buy my own presents too and then give them to Paul to wrap up.  At least that way i know i'll like them and he doesn't have to stress over buying stuff.  ;)

Why not get him a Raspberry Pi   http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=raspberry%20pi&sprefix=ra%2Caps%2C266

It sounds strange but if he likes tinkering with stuff he can use this to build something, just google what you can build with these mini computers. Best thing is they are pretty cheap now.

If you've got some spare time you can finish off my shopping, ha ha ha. Seriously though, well done you. Xmas shopping can be really stressful, I like to get it over and done with ASAP too. [emoji2]

I've had one of my orders cancelled as its out of stock! Still advertised as being in stock on the website. Grrrr! Will have to get Callum to pick an alternative now. He won't be too impressed.

If you've got some spare time you can finish off my shopping, ha ha ha. Seriously though, well done you. Xmas shopping can be really stressful, I like to get it over and done with ASAP too. [emoji2]

I've had one of my orders cancelled as its out of stock! Still advertised as being in stock on the website. Grrrr! Will have to get Callum to pick an alternative now. He won't be too impressed.

We had that problem with skylanders. Ordered it, paid for it and it showed up... complained they said sorry we sold out on black Friday.... didn't help when we ordered it 17th November. 

Omg! That's really bad! I'm having issues finding him the adidas preditir astro turf boots he's after. I can get the football boots no problem but the astro turf trainers are out of stock everywhere! Spent hours last night trawling various websites with no joy. Argh!!! [emoji33]