Retractable Leads

qweasd

I am going to get to look after Sky for the Xmas period. I don't want to let him off the lead while out for a walk so I want a retractable lead. Sky has broken his other retractable leads so I was hoping to get some recommendations from other people. Are there any brands which are better for huskies? (i.e. they can stand up to a dog pulling hard) Am I better getting a tape or cord? Are there any other features I should look for?

I had one that was rated for 20kg when Loki was still younger. Got a bit of momentum up and the thing just snapped clean off. I think if you just look for one rated a fair bit more than your dog actually weighs it'll be fine. I've never really had the need, if we go to the local park I just bring a big long rope so he can wander around. Good for practicing recall too :)

Edited by Thingz

Flexi lead does the trick. I don't think any of them will take a husky at full pelt. Logan knows the command "slow down". Most of the time.

I try really hard not to let him hit the end of it though. A little run with it, or an outstretched arm to take the impact.

We are at home most of Xmas, I'll buy you a pint in my local if you want to come to MK.