Proud Mama Moment...

Rusty

So today we went to the local country park, and Nero was so good with the other dogs but he finally weed like a real boy and sad as I am was extra proud of him!

How old were your boys when they started lifting their leg?

Also for those that own boys can I ask what age you had them neutered at or if you haven't then why you choose not too?

is a proud moment indeed... I have never had pups so cannot tell you when Alpha started lifting his leg LOL

he was done at age 2 and a bit, but should have been done before but the previous owner did not, he had an undecended testicle..

You'll know when he's got it down to a fine art when he pees up your leg when you're not looking

First time my boy did it was down at the esplanade, other people around. I must have looked like a total tool pointing out to my father that he finally figured it out, but hey, it's something you only see happen once in their lifetime :D

I'd say it was pretty much smack on 1 year when it happened. I was almost sure he was gonna pee like a girl all his life, not that there's a problem with that. I know some males just don't bother. He's still got a bit of work to do on the aim though :D

He's still intact. He's still young and has to fill out more, but I'm not really in any rush to get it done unless some medical issue pops up. The common one I heard was an undescended testicle, but they're both there.

Edited by Thingz

Noah was about 6 months when he cocked his leg and has enjoyed peeing up my leg on the beach whilst we were chatting to some fellow woof walkers.  We had him neutered around about a year.  Bit earlier than I wanted but with Bella not having her first season and he had to have an op so we did it all at once.   Howler and Lucky will not be neutered until the vet says it is ok.  Bella is to be spayed asap. 

Howler has un descended testicle which the vet will be keeping an eye on. They are all on a 3 monthly health plan.   

awwww bless him, if it's any consolation I was just the same with Ice.  He started leg cocking on and off around 5 months old and by 6 months was doing it pretty much everytime although he still toppled over a few times as his balance wasn't the greatest, lol.

Glad I'm not the only one who got excited over this, we also thought he would just carry on squatting!

He's deffinatley hitting puberty now- spraying everywhere when we are out and now deciding my leg is his new mate ,

Any ideas on how to discourage this?

From what I've heard you just have to discourage it when it happens. For the spraying I'd probably just give a firm "No!" and take him outside. For the humping, just push him off, also with a "No!", and distract him with something :)