Broken Or Laziest Husky Alive??

loudlucky

So the last few weeks Smokey's refused any type of exercise. Vet said not to walk her outside when in season so I exercise her by playing and letting her run the yard in circles with W chasing her... She does that like 2 times and then she hops onto the garden bench to lay down!

Even a few weeks before this she did not want to exercise...we have summer and I cannot walk her early monrning or late night when the temps drop to below 30 degrees celsius, its too dangerous with armed robberies and hijacking happening the past month in my block :-(

Is this her reaction to the heat? We regularly have temps of 27 at 2am! She sleeps indoors before a fan (mostly on top of poor me!)

She refuses to be outside when its hot...what can I do to give her some exercise? She runs and plays indoors as long as the room has a fan on ;-) otherwise she crashes in 'broken' mode,

Probably the heat as the vet said nothing is wrong with her. Also when its like high in the 30 degrees she wont eat her food ;-)

Rob, does mental entertainment include opening drawers, cabinets etc or switching on a slider switch torch??? Because I think she takes care of that department on her own!!!! Apparently her ambidextrous paws can get into everything!!!

I live in a hot climate too and my boy is pretty lazy. I've never been somewhere cooler with him so I'm not sure whether it's exclusively the heat, or he's just lazy in general. By lazy I mean he just sleeps around most of the day, but he's still up for a walk or play at any time :)

in the summer time mine both lounge around all the time, too hot to be energetic and tbh half the time I flop onto the floor in a sweaty heap too!  lol.  In the winter time it's a different story.  Now the temps have dropped into single figures both of mine are full of life again.  Bear in particular is incredibly bouncy!  And boy at her size can she bounce!!!  :D

If I really want to freak them out, I make giant ice cubes (I use a plastic pot, flora etc) tip in a tin of sardines in oil, top up with water and freeze. They LOVE them, will sit and gnaw at them for however long it takes. They cool down and I get a bit of peace