Is My Husky An Actual Husky? He Seems Really Small For 13 Weeks Compared To Other Photos

Mike_1809

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm.... that folded, fingernail-sized ears gave me the impression you're bringing home a 5-6 week old baby. But that's the one and only piece of evidence, so you can say I'm being a know-it-all :shrug: how was bite inhibition training for him? Puppies brought home too young often have trouble mastering it.

He's really super cute though :D

I never have puppies, but have spent time with several. Guess the best thing I can say is keep doing what you're doing, don't keep switching methods and raid your local pharmacy for band aids :lol: some are still mouthy at eight months old even when they're being trained intensively. One of the less glorious sides of puppy ownership I guess! :shrug:

He is/was so adorable! He definitely looks like a 5-6 week old puppy in those pictures to me, and I've been around a lot of puppies. I don't know why the breeder would feel the need to lie about his age though, it can still be acceptable for him to leave his mom at 6 weeks old, although not recommended hence behavioral issues. We got Roux and Meeko when they were both 7 weeks old and Meeko was a gem but Roux was the most rotten puppy I've ever had! The others helped to put her in her place though so since you don't have any other dogs (I'm guessing?) it will be up to you to correct him. What I've always done with my puppies - and this is speaking from experience with puppies, not adults - when they are biting too hard, squeeze their muzzle JUST until the let out a small yelp. This is a method their mother uses when teaching them not to bite too hard and it has worked for all of my dogs. Also feeding him by hand can help also. When I feed my puppies treats I try to stick my fingers in their mouths when they're trying to take the treat away from me too aggressively and they try to avoid biting my fingers so they tend not to snatch the treat so hard. Hopefully this helps you, but if not there are some threads on here specifically addressing puppy-biting that you can look into also.  :) 

Maybe you actually got a Pomeranian? :D Nah, pup is just really young. I'd guess the breeder couldn't handle the stress/expense of pups and offloaded them far too early, but just a guess. Seems to happen far too often unfortunately :(