Selective Hearing / Ignorance

Aliciajean1977

Ok so my thor is now 6 month old and if I say myself a beautiful young furbaby. I thought that having an older dog would make training easier as comet is really good and listens to what she is told. HOW WRONG WAS I!! lol he was doing so well sitting when instructed waiting when instructed was walking really good when out and about going to bed when told etc you get the jist this last week or so he just doesn't listen. its like I got a demon in the house. chucks the water everywhere tips the bowl chewing anything he can find and just plain looks at me when I say something as though to say p*** off mum grrrrrrrr

Any ideas anyone on how to deal with this at the min I stand at his crate and tell him he is grounded and he looks at me wags his tail and sits in the crate its as though he wants to be in there lol I don't lock the crate I just close the door too and leave the room he goes straight to sleep

None of mine use a crate but I don't think using a crate as a punishment is a good idea from what I undertand.

I'm going through some issues with my boy and he's 17 months, so it can take a while :)

Lots of patience is needed with huskies as for some reason their ears stop working from time to time ;)

If you use the crate for saying and sleeping in when nobody is home it is better not to the crate for punishment... we have a command "Hall" and the go into the hallway away from where they sleep as punishment...it is now that 85% of the time only have to say Hall and everything stops and they are nice and sweet again :D

A Husky is always too busy to do ANYTHING that you want to do. 

They will think about it. . . .consider it then totally dismiss it as a stoopid idea

Unless. . . . . .  it involves food or walkies.

A Husky is always too busy to do ANYTHING that you want to do. 

They will think about it. . . .consider it then totally dismiss it as a stoopid idea

Unless. . . . . .  it involves food or walkies.

Lol, my boys taken to sleeping by the front door, right by it! Which is fine until someone needs to go in or out.

I popped to the shops the other evening, it took me nearly 10 minutes to get back in the house. The little monster wedged his legs against the wall and refused to move, I got the door open enough to peek in, I swear he was laughing at me ! In the end I phoned my daughter who was upstairs in the bath and she came down to help (as soon as I shut the door he rolled over and expected a belly rub - yeah right!)

:P  can't wait for this stage to kick in with my two pups.  I think I will build a padded cell in preperation.  Don't worry Alicia it will be over in a year or two. :D   Unfortunately this is where you learn patience and forgivness, failing that I can teach you some new profanities.  Just let me know and I will PM some special words strung together to help you through this time.

He is so just so full of mischief its untrue its so surprising how they seem to change overnight from sweet and innocent to complete devil..

I thought the worst thing i thought was walking while pooping round the garden why cant they stand still and poop??? Now he walks out the door and dont eve go to the grass to poop he walks up and down the bloody path crappin everywhere gggrrrrrrrrrrr really wish i had the bags that stuck to his ass pmsl. I think all these things are bugging me more at the min as we back n forth with hospital appointments for my son after he collapsed near 4 week ago and im really drained. Im sure i will think diff when everything calmed down lol thanks everyone

sorry to hear about your son...but has he started doing this since then? if he has he is feeling the tension and goes out to be a wee devil to get attention...as he cannot ask for it he will do it any which way he can...

• 3 weeks later...

hi all thanks for the replies and sorry not posted sooner.

no my thor been doing it for a while now started before this. im learning to ignore him now lol he sits there and keeps nudging my leg and I look away he don't like that he will jump on me so I just get up and move, he does this for a few mins then will lie down or go and attack my other dog lol he hates being ignored and in a daft way it seems to work. if he ignores me I ignore him (apart from when its potty time as he will go to the door) for the last few times ive shouted him in he has come pretty much straight away :-)