Wolfie Needs A Home

mydiamond

So to both celebrate my fourth H-O anniversary (Dec 13th) and to give a "more meaningful" Xmas gift to the dog, I made a donation to this wildlife protection group in the form of a symbolic gray wolf adoption. Yes, symbolic. Apparently a wolf is too big for a college dorm room :( Anyways, today the certificate arrived. Ta-daaa!

post-2850-0-50527600-1418935007_thumb.jp

Along with that certificate I got this little guy for free.

post-2850-0-96485500-1418935209_thumb.jp

I have no room for another doll. I already have my pink penguin (don't judge :P ) reigning the bed. So... I know the lil' guy looks more like an Ewok than a gray wolf (where's the muzzle?? is he half pug??) but if you'd like a tiny Ewok-like addition to your wolf plushie collection, do let me know. In the case that more than one person want him, I will hold a mini competition to make it fair to everyone :D I'll check back on this thread tomorrow or so. Merry early Christmas, folks! x

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching a documentary on one of those wolf preservation centres last night, that would be my dream job without a doubt! So nice of you to donate to them :)

I'd looovveee the plushie but it'd cost a fortune to ship, so I'll resist :)

That's awesome! The wolf is so cute but like Dan says would cost far to much to ship :-( lol

Shipping to Australia is indeed expensive ($52?! Do I pay someone to ride a bike there?!) but I've shipped numerous times to the UK during my free bracelet era and the price is always around 9-10 pounds a.k.a US$ 15. I haven't checked how much to ship to Australia from Indonesia though, since Oz is basically our downstairs neighbor :lol:

Crazy isn't it? Would cost me about the same to get something to the US. If you're in Indonesia I could almost just swim over :D

I got this for Christmas last year. Little did I know I'd have a real one a month later :wub:

'scuse the desk, mad scientist stuff :D

DSCF2457.jpg

Crazy isn't it? Would cost me about the same to get something to the US. If you're in Indonesia I could almost just swim over :D

I got this for Christmas last year. Little did I know I'd have a real one a month later :wub:

'scuse the desk, mad scientist stuff :D

DSCF2457.jpg

Which part of Aussie you're in? Perth is seriously only a boat ride away from Bali (or five-hour plane trip if you get seasick). Bali is a boat ride away from where I live :lol: so two boat rides! :D

North Queensland, I think I'd be slightly closer to Indonesia than Perth but probably only by a few hundred kilometres. Just gotta watch you don't crash into the cape or PNG on the way :D Dad was in Indonesia last year for something, I've never left Aus though :(

Usually they go by either volumetric weight, or physical weight, whichever is bigger. For something small like this they'd probably just go with physical weight, but it makes sense, otherwise you could send something really lightweight but the size of a fridge box for the same price as say, a heavier box the size of a tissue box :)

As long as this lil' guy doesn't surpass 1 lb in weight it should be 9-10 pound still. I shipped a rather large box for SS and had to pay $5 more because the package exceeded 1 lb in weight. But then again it's a big box with a bunch of stuff inside so it's not surprising. So...? ;)

EDIT: @Dan: oooooh I've been to Queensland! I was at Gold Coast!! Six years ago now. Gosh time flies fast.

I would take it since I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump from you, but I've got a big bag full of stuffies already just waiting for me to find a place for them. I've already considered just giving a couple of them to my dogs to enjoy but I have such a soft spot for stuffed animals like they have feelings or something. [emoji53]

That is so cool, how can I do something like this

You just visit their site: www.defenders.org and click 'adopt an animal' (scroll down a bit) :D WWF does this too, by the way. But their minimum donation amount to receive the certificate is $25 and I don't have that at the moment :( they have more species though! I'm *this* close to 'adopting' a narwhal :wub: