Awful Dream :(

Dan

Thankfully these seem to happen fairly infrequently for me, but when they do, they tend to be pretty "intense".

Basically I've always feared snakes, not really just because they're snakes, but because of how agile and deadly they can be. In fact out of every animal I think snakes are the ones I fear the most. I have seen a small tree snake in my yard since moving here (luckily the neighbour called out to me and warned me it moved into my yard, so I could lock Loki inside), but I have seen pictures on Facebook from people living in the same area with huge snakes just laying around in their front yards. The whole suburb kinda sits in an area surrounded by bushland, in fact there's just 1 row of houses across the street from me, then it's all just bush for basically hundreds of kilometres out West. 

I live with my father, and he's pretty security conscious, so any time no one is home, Loki is out the back. He doesn't mind it, but it worries me so much.

Well last night, in my dream, it happened. I came home and a big brown snake was wrapped around him. Dad wasn't home and I had no idea what to do. I knew he was already dead but I just stood there in shock. I don't really know what happened after that, that was about the extent of the dream I could remember, but it destroyed me. I woke up (the relief was unbelievable), instantly grabbed my torch and woke Loki up, and invited him onto the bed. I think I hugged him and cried just non stop for at least 3 hours before I tried getting some sleep again (was really early morning sometime). I felt so bad for him because he probably realized I was upset, and for basically no reason at all.

I just can't believe what happened, why does the brain have to do such cruel things sometimes :(

:( sorry to hear about that. Dreams are crazy. I had one of the dullest day ever early this week and dreamed seeing someone I know murdered right before my eyes. People say what we dream is based on what we saw/heard during the day. But our mind is crazier than that I suppose :(

You probably already know, but if you're worried, surround Loki's hangout spot in a trail of table salt. That, or one of those scratchy, thick, black rope. I live in "snake-y" areas my whole life... one day I found one slithering right next to my bed while browsing through the forum :jawdrop: it's not fun.

Yeah it's weird. I've never really had any encounters with snakes myself. I mean I've seen a few, but I've never actually seen one even move before. I keep telling myself that something like that happening would be pretty unlikely, and I'm glad I have an older neighbour next door that is around most of the time. The first thing I did when I moved into this house was go over and introduce myself, basically tell him I had a puppy, and gave him my mobile number (I wasn't too sure how he handled being home alone at that point, and I had to go out, so it was mostly for noise reasons). I'd hope that if anything like that did happen, he'd hear it and maybe be able to do something before it's too late. 

I can only really recall one other dream that upset me to this extent, but it was pretty out there, so I won't go into details. I guess it makes sense dreaming about something like this as it is a legitimate fear to me, but why couldn't they end in a good way from time to time :(

That being said, I dreamed I adopted a second dog last night :o it was pretty vivid too, like I could describe the dog down to the last details. Pure Husky, two brown eyes, heavy mask, wooly coat, jet black, female... :D her name's Suka, which is odd because that is Elyse's boy's name :o

Dreams are some sort of a funky lottery I guess. Hope you hit the jackpot and dream a better dream tonight :wave:

I don't know if that dream would be any better for me, then I'd just be depressed all day thinking how I want another (3) dogs too :D But it may be a dream for now, one day I'll make it happen :) Thanks for replying though, life is tough at the moment and I love having people I feel comfortable talking to about things like this, makes me feel so much better.

Edited by Dan

Awww, nothing worse than bad dreams.  I usually wake up terrified, grab hold of Paul's arm and wrap it around me, whilst pulling the covers over my head coz i'm too scared to come out, lol.  I'm just big baby. 

The other ones are when I dream my children have died (always drowning, for some reason). I once dreamed they fell into a goldfish pond at a shop and we were searching and searching the water frantically aware that time was running out but just couldn't find them.  God it was horrendous, I woke up a blubbering mess (becuase my mind likes to blur reality and fiction a bit when I first wake up so I couldn't work out if it had actually happened or not!). 

Aww wow, that's so awful. :( Nightmares are so bizarre. That feeling when you wake up and you can't quite tell whether it really happened or not. Scary! I have had a few really bad ones myself, but Demon is new to my family now, so far none about him fortunately! 

But yeah, my gosh. I'm not exactly afraid of snakes but have never really experienced being around them in the wild, living in the UK and such  :P But I can imagine I would be terrified if I knew one could just appear from anywhere at any time. Spiders are my weakness! I've heard they get pretty big in Australia.. true?!  :o But yeah, living in a strange creature infested area would definitely put me on edge. I'm lucky we don't really have them here. I feel for you!

I'm sure Loki will be fine!  :)

I'm usually a complete zombie for the first 15 mins or so after waking up. But I managed to grab my torch and reassure myself it was all OK. Couldn't imagine a dream like that about your own children, that'd be terrible. I mean, I guess I'd call Loki my baby but geez.

I've managed to keep my mind off it most of the day today. Just back from our walk and he did so well, only had to stop him pulling a couple times. Was even a couple of other dogs walking on the other side of the road, and he remained by my side. Hopefully going to bed on something positive will be better. So proud of him :wub:

Edited by Dan

One of the worst dreams I had involved my daughter being washed out to sea.  I know West Wittering beach like the back of my hand  it sits at the mouth of chichester harbour. I never ever ever took her there.  Even though I loved going there, the beach is beautiful and the sand dunes.  Even now it makes me feel sick.

Oop posted at the same time Loripot :up:

Yeah I've seen some pretty big spiders, but they're usually pretty harmless. We don't really get many of the more dangerous ones this far North. Most spiders we get around here are wolf spiders. They're kinda creepy cos their eyes reflect light in the dark, and they're also the only spider that carries their babies on their backs which is pretty neat. Loki found one in my room one time and tried to eat it, next thing I knew there were all these tiny spiders running across my floor :D I think it might have bit him on the tongue as he was licking his face a bit, but they're pretty harmless :)

Kati, ouch, that'd totally ruin it for me too. Such a shame :(

Edited by Dan

Ahaha, beat you. :cheeky: 

Omg, that would be TERRIFYING!  :jawdrop:  I have such a bad phobia of spiders, I just couldn't cope over there haha. Demon would be assigned as the spider-killer of the house xD It's bad enough in England when we very occasionally get a spider in the house. 

I had a dream that i accidently killed a spider and all its family came to get me.   I have never knowingly killed a spider. Just in case :D

My childhood beach. I really should go there again and put the dream to rest.  Still not sure I could take Hannah. :(

Birds eye veiw of witterings coast line post-12200-0-20466300-1418984984.jpg

This pic is of the sand dunes. post-12200-0-26687900-1418985053.png

I've had a few bad ones over the years, but my worst time was after I watched a movie called saviour (I think) two or three nights every week for about six months I would replay one scene in my dreams, woke up gasping and terrified. I'm not going to go into details because the last time I did it triggered another round of let's scare the CRAP out of Sarah.

All I will say is it's not a horror, more true to life, and to be honest, that's more frightening to me every time

We have a lot of geckos up here too, usually they camp out around the doors for bugs to eat. Not sure but I think they'll eat spiders too if they're small enough. Haven't seen one in the house for a while now :)

Kati, well, at least you have until summer to make up your mind, you'd look like a real nut going to the beach in winter in the UK I'd imagine :D I've taken Loki to the beach a few times but you have to be cautious of jellyfish/crocodiles up here, and the sand is annoying, I prefer the rivers :P