Husky Question - Staying Outside

Ozz

I have a 6month old pup called cody and when we are not playing he stays outside on his own sleeping or wondering around. He doesn't really stay in the house and sleep on the floor, is this normal for a husky to want to spend most of its time outside away from his owners?

Loki likes spending time outside too when it's not too hot, but he's equally happy laying on the couch with me. Varies from dog to dog but like mydiamond said, huskies will typically be a bit more independent than other breeds.

I live in England so it's doesn't get artic cold and we are having a really funny warm winter this year, I was hoping for snow so he can play in it.

So it's not something I should worry about then?

My boys like this, he likes to be outside, my girl prefers it indoors, I think it's a personal thing. As long as he can come in when he wants he should be fine, although I will say keep an eye on the weather, we have a balcony right by the bedroom and he sleeps out there most nights (I leave the door ajar and huddle like an Eskimo all night lol) but a favourite trick is to wait until he's completely soaked when it rains, THEN come in jump on the bed and shake, usually at 3am !!!!

My three dogs have their own area in our conservatory which isn't heated and gets pretty cold in the winter. My husky Harry would rather stay out there on his own and the other two love coming into the main house with us hoomans.  I used to worry about him being on his own but he is happy by himself.  

When all 3 go into our off lead area they will tear around for 5 minutes, then Harry will just find a spot and lay there, he just loves being outside!

I wouldn't worry, it's a husky thing :)

My 2 have an outside kennel and run. They come into the house when we're there, but they are happy with their outsied deal. The big one will quite often choose to sit outside in winter and if we put our heating on she isn't a happy girl at all!

Our pups are both primarily indoor huskies, but Cj loves staying outside. She'll lay out there all night until we call her in for bed. She does also love laying on the couch inside as well. She is definitely very independent. Ace on the other hand goes out does his business then comes right back in. He prefers being inside with his people.