Puppy Weight Question

Ozz

Hi guys, I have another question for you guys...

Cody is 6months, 22.5in/57cm tall from his front legs to back and weights 22.8kg/50.4lb. He looks fluffy and I can feel his ribs but have to squeeze through his fur.

What people option? Overweight or average?

Thanks again Oz and Cody

He's quite a tall boy so his weight is going to reflect that and be more than other huskies of a similar age who are shorter.  You're supposed to be able to feel the ribs if you press lightly but not see them clearly defined which is pretty much word for word what you've said yourself already.  

Have you got a picture of him standing up to show us?  That might help people see more clearly and give an opinion, although being xmas day it may take a while for replies.  :)

Thank you for a reply on Christmas by the way.

this is the best picture I could find on my phone at the moment, was a few weeks back, I would say very similar now maybe a bit bigger now

once again thanks you and merry Christmas 

post-12511-0-40229600-1419540810_thumb.j

You're welcome, hope you've had a great xmas too. :)

He looks like a happy and healthy boy to me.  I can see definition in his growing body and he has a clear waist line. I'm no expert by any means but in my eyes he looks fine.  :)

Your boy looks great..he may well go gangly in his nex growth spurt..just like teenagers....My lad is 2.3mths and last weighed in at 39.7kg and 25" at the shoulders. As we're starting to clock up more distance on walks now (3+m) I feel he's going to need more feeding...as I improve too and start speeding up.

He looks fine to me, I'm no expert but my boy was about the same size at that age, he just kept getting bigger and bigger lol, it's hard to tell with Bear as he's got a very long coat but Codys looks more normal, from what you say he sounds very healthy, well done you !