Feeding In A Morning.

Tala

Hi guys just a quick question.

When I feed Rue in the morning she sits in the crate and initially looks at it. I feed her wainwrights puppy btw. She then tries to sneak in to me before I send her back to her crate where she is fed. She then runs back to her crate, eats some of it then the process starts again. This happens around twice in total before she eats it until she doesn't want anymore.

Other feeding times there is no problem at all at she eats it all without issue. It's just the morning.

Not everyone eats much in a morning so wondered if it was just a lack of hunger on her part. Does anybody else know why this may be?

Some Huskies will only eat when they are hungry.

and will only eat until they've had enough, then walk away.

My boy Darwin rarely ate in the morning, so now I just feed him once per day.

He's 5 years old though. With puppies, they need topping up.As Long as Rue is getting enough to eat then it's fine.

I've known Skye go a day and a half without eating, she can be a fussy moo at times and will eat anything and everything other than her own food given the chance, although it's not such an issue now that we have Holly.

Usually if she is going to not eat, it will be morning, i'm not concerned though because I know she isn't going to starve herself and she will eat when she's ready, although I have to say I don't leave it down indefinitely, if she hasn't eaten within 15 minutes I take it away and cover it up for tea time.

Her weight and development are absolutely fine. She wolfs her food down in the P.M pardon the pun.

Glad to know it's not just Rue that does this. And I also leave it down for just 15minutes when she's messing about.

Cheers guys

My first husky, Bo (now at Rainbow Bridge) ate once every three days for most of his adult life. I worried and coerced and worried some more, finally deciding he wouldn't starve himself and let him eat as he wished. He was also a free-feeder unlike my current husky, Ryn, who would eat 24/7 if I allowed it.