Sabre Got Hit By A Car

mylilhuskyboyICE

So at like 11am this morning i woke up to my brother and his friends whistling and i instantly knew my dogs had got out, i woke up jumped out of bed and ran out half naked (As usual) to try and find them, i went back in after having no luck and my other half grabbed the leads and harnesses to go look the opposite direction to where they were, my brother and his friends had found them but grabbed ice first and put him in a van to bring him home, i was relieved as they had told me sabre is with a woman in her house, however it was a lie to keep me from panicing as sabre had been hit by a car going 15-20 mph and had bolted into a garden..

Luckily hes okay, i rushed him to PDSA who refused to see him except for a pain relief injection due to me already having a husky registered and so we took him to my normal vets, they gave him a check up, said hes okay and to come back friday for potential bloods and x-rays.. 

the guy who hit him didnt want any money for the damage to his car as he said his dog has been hit before aswell so he knows the pain and panic we would be going through..

hes now running around like an absolute loon with ice as they missed eachother so much when they were split up for sabre to go to the vets, hoping nothing deteriorates over night but will keep you updated. 

one way to start the new year.. 

happy new year everyone before i forget :)

Tia, my heart dropped to the floor when I read the title. I couldn't even tell you how happy I am right now to hear that Sabre is doing just fine. HAPPY new year!

EDIT: people found that ripped dew claw will either just fall off or got removed by the dog himself, but there's a side effect that I often see: infection of the wound after the claw is no more. Bandages? Check.

It was my brother showing him off to a friend, and he let go of him! -.- not sure if security is needed but maybe some education to my brother. He said he felt sick with guilt though as he saw it happen

Brothers!!

My biggest fear too, I'm paranoid about all gates being shut and have a heavy iron gate at the bottom of the alleyway as well just go try and satisfy myself that they safe with signs on everything reminding people to keep the gates closed!

Glad Sabre is ok though and Happy New Year to you too x

I have a brother that is not only a non-animal lover but used to fear K9s as a child as well. He never even lays an eye on my dog, but when his friends come over he'd happily claim Dime as "his dog" and let his friends do whatever with the dog. Then I left for college, and he actually kept an eye on Dime for me because no matter how much of a jerk he can be, he's still my brother. Your story is not what I'd expect from someone who loves you as a sister :( sorry you got to deal with all this.