Absolutely Livid

xLOBOx

Someone (likely my neighbors) has called the city's animal welfare department on me TWICE this week!!! They claim my dogs don't have proper shelter, aren't vaccinated and don't have food/water outside.

First off, my dogs have their own 12ftx7ft kennel outside with a really nice large dog house. Second, the only dogs outside are the huskies because they PREFER to be out there.

Third, there isn't food or water outside right now because the dogs are inside due to extremely cold weather.

Lastly, all of my dogs are vaccinated as required by the city.

Yes, legally, I can only have 4 dogs and I have 5. But every single one of them is well taken care of and treated like members of the family. I'm soooo pissed about this. What am I supposed I do?! Aaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amanda there are always A$$holes out there who think they have the moral upper hand simply because they are "right"

Hopefully the authorities will judge you by your actions not by the letter of the law.

Have they inspected your place and checked your dog's, if so and you passed I assume, tell them you want to make it clear that their agency is being used by a neighbour to harass you, that you will be making a formal complaint and if it happens again, you will apply to the courts for an order of protection from harassment. Do you have a local paper you can contact ? At Christmas they often like human interest stories, and pictures of cute huskys are always a seller.

So have the dog warden stop by to check on your premises? I do think the joke will be on your neighbor if the warden found out your pooches are just fine. I mean, won't they find whoever reported you and go like: "hey yo we're super busy so please stop wasting our time" ?

Amanda there are always A$$holes out there who think they have the moral upper hand simply because they are "right"

Hopefully the authorities will judge you by your actions not by the letter of the law.

I'm hoping so, I don't understand why they feel it's necessary to harass me about this, especially when I consider myself a responsible and good dog owner

Have they inspected your place and checked your dog's, if so and you passed I assume, tell them you want to make it clear that their agency is being used by a neighbour to harass you, that you will be making a formal complaint and if it happens again, you will apply to the courts for an order of protection from harassment. Do you have a local paper you can contact ? At Christmas they often like human interest stories, and pictures of cute huskys are always a seller.

So have the dog warden stop by to check on your premises? I do think the joke will be on your neighbor if the warden found out your pooches are just fine. I mean, won't they find whoever reported you and go like: "hey yo we're super busy so please stop wasting our time" ?

My husband and I both work full time jobs, I work 40 hours a week and he works about 60. So unfortunately, we aren't home all day to meet with the officer that left the notes on the door. The first note was left on Monday morning, I called as soon as I got home Monday night and they said they'd have an officer get into contact with me. I haven't heard from anyone. When I got home from work this afternoon, there was a second note on the door from a different officer. It's too late in the day to get into contact with anyone today, so I'll be calling first thing in the morning to try and get this issue resolved. This is such a pain in the rear.....I don't know who would do this to me or why.

Some people just complain because they have nothing better to do.

I suppose the officers are required to follow up complaints because, unlike you, there are so many bad dog owners out there. I am sure that once they see your yard and vax certificates all will be well. You might be able to email them the photo's you posted above.

Regarding the extra dog, is there a way to apply for an exemption or pay some additional registration?

Best of luck with getting this sorted, I am sure that things will work out fine.