cant see avitars/posts/pictures :(

magical Merlin

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having the same issue yesterday on my computer at work. I posted up in the Bug Tracker. Works fine here at home. Kinda wonder what's causing it.

I am guessing that this is an issue with either internet connection of the version of internet explorer that you are using.. The only ones I have had to check it on have the latest browsers as I look after them myself or the person that is checking them knowshow to check their browser version. The post above from chezell makes me thing even more so that this is the case.

Please could you have a look at your browser versions and let me now what version you are using. On explorer if you press ALT on your keyboard you will get up the usual File/Edit/View etc menu. On this menu click on HELP ... then click on ABOUT ... this will tell you the browser that you are using. Please let me know and I can see if this is what is causing the problem.

This is almost certainly an explorer issue. All but one of the users experiencing the issues are using IE7 .... If you are using internet explorer 7 then pease run your windows updates to update to IE8. The only version is not only causing problems with your internet browsing, but is also very prone to security issues.

Magical Merlin - I would go to your add/remove programs and uninstall IE8, then reinstall it. You can find the installer at http://www.microsoft.com/nz/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx ... Looks like there are some big probs with the installation of it on your machine.

Yep, Im having the same problem as others on this thread. I really dont want to go back to IE8

though as when I had that half my other stuff wasnt working so I went back to IE7, I think I may

give firefox a try though and see if things work better.

I just cant imagine why IE7 is now acting up since it has been fine for several months, grrrrr, lol.

Technology really stinks sometimes, hahahaha.

Yep, Im having the same problem as others on this thread. I really dont want to go back to IE8

though as when I had that half my other stuff wasnt working so I went back to IE7, I think I may

give firefox a try though and see if things work better.

I just cant imagine why IE7 is now acting up since it has been fine for several months, grrrrr, lol.

Technology really stinks sometimes, hahahaha.

I would seriously suggest reinstalling IE8 ... Let me know what the problems are you were having with it and I will see if I can sort them out with you if you wish, but IE7 is a security hole in your computer.

im still having the same problem. Going to try firefox tomorrow and see if it works

If your going for firefox download the 3.6 Release candidate. They have fixed masses and masses of bugs from 3.5 and its very very stable. Been using this since early beta versions, which isnt recommended to do, however release candidates are exactly what they say on the tin. Can download this from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

• 2 months later...

this is happenin 2 me agen and the box where i have my profile/update mood ect is streched across the top screen - i can sumtines reads posts n sumtimes cnt like Abi's intro i cudnt read what shes wrote unless i scrolled down quickly then bk up agen slowly but i can c replies 2 the thread blink.gif - im on a new laptop so assume ive got the new IE installed! HELP!

Try installing Google Chrome or firefox. . .Much better web browsers. Both are Waaaaaayyyyy superior to microsoft, much faster and more stable. laugh.gif

If you need links I'll find them for you

Google Chrome is fab...only been using for 2 days....so much easier

Been using Chrome for 6 months. . .love it, before that I had firefox for a couple of years. . .great browser, wouldn't go back to IE if you paid me LOTS of money.