Is This A Siberian?

mollymalonequinn

Hi all I rescued this beauty from a friend of mine which she bought off someone she knew but after trying her fora couple of days her 15yo lurcher was not responding well and was putting her at danger. I bought her as soon as i saw her! Just wondering if she is definitely a siberian as she looks different to a log of others I've seen. She was great for the first 10 days but seems to be getting a bit snappy jumping up and growling which I have put down to teething as she is chewing her toys a lot and howling a bit. I am being as consistent as possible but it is tough. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

post-12705-0-08090500-1420312050_thumb.j

Awwww, welcome to the forum!  :wave:

She looks husky to me.  :)     Huskies are quite vocal breeds and do growl and make strange sounds much more often than others do.  Ice will growl a lot at me when he wants me to play with him, honestly to other people it must sound like he's trying to kill me, lol, but it's just his way of saying "hey mum!  I wanna play!"

When my boy was a pup he got over excited very easily and used to try to grab and bite me to get my attention.  I tried turning my back on him and ignoring him but he just bit me from behind so in the end I had to walk away into another room and eventually he realised that this behviour meant that play time was stopped. 

Welcome. If that is not a Siberian Husky, this is a Forum for Pug owners.

:hello:  and :welcome:...  Def looks like a pug to me Can I have both of them now ????? Seriously very Husky looking to me, and yes they are very vocal, growl, howl and make some very strange noises, and they just love to jump up.  They like to mouth, which can hurt.  Lots of info in the training section of this forum.   I wish I had found this site when I first had Noah; make the most of all the info available. :D

I would like to say its a rocky road sometimes being an owner of a Husky, but, so rewarding there are not words to describe.  Enjoy your pup, she is so sweet looking.

Welcome to the forum,  :hello:

Looks like a lovely Siberian Husky to me  :up: How old is she? Perhaps you can start some topics separate to the intro section to get some more thorough answers to specific question  :)

• 1 month later...

Welcome :up! Yep like a Husky...

Start training and continue in sessions of 2-3 mins using reward for good. Ignore the bad. My two have learnt to nuzzle my pockets and even try to go into them as I carry treats all the time.

Recall is good at any time when you call (and use a whistle too) in the home where ever you are to get instant response to come back. Practice it outside in the garden when she's sniffing around - just to get her conditioned to your voice.

www.success dogs.com has done loads for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hidden

I second the age question. Do you know how old she was when she was pulled from her litter? Do you know her background or parentage at all? You do need to contact her breeder and let them know that she has been rehomed with you. I would just die in my heart if one of my babies was sent to a home and then suddenly disappeared.