Its That Time Of Year Again...

Marc

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have tried those weird, think they are called E6 things.  You can get them in different flavours apparently.  I know a couple of people who have given up with them but now are addicted to it.  Nicotine patches gave me nightmares, The doctor prescribed Zyban for me, My friend who is a nurse said she "would of rather I smoked for the rest of my life than take it again".  Weird stuff. 

Any way Day 5, good luck with day 6,7,8,9 etc :up:  Watch out for week 6 when you think you could have one cause your cured. 

Have tried those weird, think they are called E6 things.  You can get them in different flavours apparently.  I know a couple of people who have given up with them but now are addicted to it.  Nicotine patches gave me nightmares, The doctor prescribed Zyban for me, My friend who is a nurse said she "would of rather I smoked for the rest of my life than take it again".  Weird stuff. 

Any way Day 5, good luck with day 6,7,8,9 etc :up:  Watch out for week 6 when you think you could have one cause your cured. 

Doesnt that defy logic though. If you're gonna have one your clearly not 'cured' LOL

I guess the hypnotism thing won't be needed. You seem to be on a roll. Good for you Marc.

How are you managing when people are smoking around you.  I found that I was fine unless someone had a cigarette near me, then I'd be tempted to wrestle them to the ground for a drag, lol. 

I was bad in the beginning but now it just stinks...unless I am with somebody smoking a nice cigar then...I have to walk away LOL.....

I was bad in the beginning but now it just stinks...unless I am with somebody smoking a nice cigar then...I have to walk away LOL.....

I find now that most of the time yeah it just smells yukky.  Particularly in the morning, even when I smoked i couldn't stand the smell of someone else's fag first thing in the morning.   Every now and then I really fancy one though, the craving for a real one lasts about 5 minutes or so and then vanishes.  Doesn't happen very often these days.  The trick that I found helped was to immediately think of myself as a non smoker, not sure why that helped, particularly as I walk around with an e-cig but it did help.  Coz why would i go to the shops and buy a box of cigarettes if I'm a non smoker?  The logic in my tiny mind seemed to work.  :shrug:

I did not do the e-cig thing still looks like a ciggie to me ...but the craving is something that I understand can be there for a long time...and mine also last about 5 mins and then it goes to YUK...:P

That's a great achievement. I smoked for 17 years, will be smoke free 14 years next month. I had to stop as I physically couldn't inhale the smoke (I was then diagnosed with asthma) which made it "easy" for me to stop; I couldn't be tempted as I knew I couldn't inhale, it's like a trapdoor dropped over my trachea and I couldn't breathe in no matter what. So I really do empathise with those wanting to give up and wish you every success with it. Sounds like you're winning the battle already