Demon Is Acting Very Strange..

Loripot

Yeah sorry, just everyone seemed to be taking it the wrong way. Didn't want to stir anything else up. I did share my success, just in my last post, so anyones free to read it if necessary :)

Uhm yeah pretty much everyone was saying growling is good. I just disagree, what's wrong with that? We all have opinions. It doesn't matter now anyway, it's been resolved. Thanks anyway.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, as you say, everyone has opinions, it would have been nice for other husky owners, seeing your title & maybe experiencing the same thing to have followed your initial "problem" and then followed the topic through. Still, you sound like you have got your answers and the main thing is your pup's responding to you and stopping his growling.  :)

yeah! leeli did this when she was younger over a bone. just took it away from her and kept being as close as possible when she was eating a bone. now i can take it off her with no problems. to be honest as a first time husky owner it scared me to death when she growled at me  :D

It's very easy to get "wrapped around the axle" in email and forums.  I think everyone on both sides was trying to help.  Everyone just got focused on growling vs. not growling as was, "talking at each other, rather than to one another". 

I think everyone would agree there should be an environment where the pup feels comfortable and does not need to growl, especially at its owner over resources such as food, toys, water, and places in the house.  Likewise I think everyone would agree that they'd want their pup to be able to communicate when it is in fear or feels threatened.

Simply put, it's okay to growl if necessary, but not okay to growl/show aggression often over things that pups shouldn't growl at.  I believe no one wants a dog that bites right away for no "appropriate reason". 

This is a great forum and everyone seems to want to help everyone out.  It was just a case of mis-communication.  I am glad it was resolved so well.

Jason

I'm a big fan of Dr. Yin en I was sorry to hear about her passing. I think these videos and techniques are great. However the address a different problem. The video I shared is about teaching puppies manners before their are issues. The videos you shared is about dealing with dog issues after the fact. Both topics are good info for any dog owner and great information thanks for sharing.