Hi There, A Couple Of Questions.

This is my little guy he's about 3 months old his name is Cee Lo I had a couple of questions if anyone on here can help me out that would be great like can I give him a shower and if I give him the amount of food that he needs for the Day and he's still hungry can I give him a little more lol, and he's to early for me to give him bones right

post-12783-14212660671734_thumb.jpeg

Hi there!  :wave:   welcome to the forum!  :)

I'm not sure about any age restrictions on bones but of course all bones need to be raw as cooked ones can splinter and cause problems.    How much are you feeding?  Some pups are hungrier than others and will eat and eat all day long but the problem with that is that too much food tends to give them diarrhea.  

My boy was given raw chicken wings before we got him as a puppy , so bones will be fine so long as they're raw , u could probably give him some more if u think he needs it but he might just be eating for the sake of it , yes u can give him a bath/shower if he needs it but as a rule they don't need bathing much n should as it will strip the fur of its natural oils

Hello and welcome!

I agree with Ems on the food front, my girls would eat far more than their food alliance if they could but then that would mean really poorly poopy tummies!

Regarding showers, Skye had these a lot when she was little because she liked to roll in her own poop when we were crate training so I don't see a massive issue as long as you use a very mild shampoo.

Bones, like Emma said, always raw! I gave Skye her first bone at about six months old, although they both regularly have raw chicken wings :0)

Edited by Carly

Welcome to the pack. As for feeding, at his age, three meals per day would be the way to go. Feed him too much, and he will have runny stools. Feed him too late in the day, and he will be wanting to poop in the middle of the night. By the way, Cee Lo is a handsome boy.

Welcome! Pretty Boy. I agree with the other replies regarding bones. At that age, I think mine was eating 2-3 cups of dry food per day. 3 times a day. 1 cup per feeding. She would have ate as much as I let her, but yes, she would have lots of runny poo! Of course she gets the occasional snack as well!  Are you feeding dry food? How much are you feeding? If so, there is a "guide" on the bag. If you are feeding other food, you would try to go by weight and/or calories.

As for the shower, of course you can. They say its not good to do frequently, but we know there are times they need one! Good luck tho. Most dont like shower/baths! Mine tries to kill me...LOL

Yep to all above.

However a very good friend of mine (interactive vet's wife now widowed) says be careful of lamb bones as they can splinter (had an issue when my new girl Eski arrived; we gave them both some sternum sections of raw lamb...no ribs; she got carried away and got her upper lip pierced by her right upper canine! Tooth pierced right through. Fortunately she'd learned then to 'stay' and 'wait'. I straddled her back reassuring and with a towel round my fingers (partly protection in case she snapped in pain) she let me grab her lip and pull it down and off the tooth. I then applied an ice pack for a whole minute. She was as good as gold and let me help her. I checked her over the next few days and she healed up very quickly. Since then she is careful with bones & yesterday she ate a partially cooked section slowly with no problems.

But my vet's wife says chicken bones are a big NoNo.

They had horrendous incidents and punctured throats/stomachs in dogs that were fed raw chicken bones and/or carcasses. I won't feed mine chicken at all.

Big bones are great.

And mine are fed twice a day on dry food with some wet food (split small 'Caesar' style pack (with a bit for the cat who's always there at feeding time!) and vegetables - carrots, broccoli, greens, sweet potato (this is cooked) & potato's for variety.

I also use cut carrots in small treat size for training - they are so keen to learn new stuff with this but for usual treat rewards too.

Bathing - only if necessary as mentioned above. Dry off well. Damp sections left can go to 'wet exzema' - costly trip to vet! - see one of my very early posts; I also think this was down to ignorant prev owner who never groomed her - awfully matted when she came to me Sep 12, 2014 - and underweight - now gained 18+ lbs & beautifully healthy).

I regularly groom my two minimum once a week, max twice, checking their ears, all over and feet - they are ticklish! But hold still when they see I have a treat for when they are good!

I also brush their teeth once a week - which started funny as they want to eat the doggy toothpaste (not ours-v toxic!). Now they just make funny faces trying to lick their own toothbrush!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk