Cooking Terminology

Mazz

Calorie: Basic measure of the amount of rationalization offered by the average individual prior to taking a second helping of a particular food.

Microwave Oven: Space-age kitchen appliance that uses the principle of radar to locate and immediately destroy any food placed within the cooking compartment.

Oven: Compact home incinerator used for disposing of bulky pieces of meat and poultry.

Porridge: Thick oatmeal rarely found on American tables since children were granted the right to sue their parents. The name is an amalgamation of the words "Putrid," "hORRId," and "sluDGE."

Preheat: To turn on the heat in an oven for a period of time before cooking a dish, so that the fingers may be burned when the food is put in, as well as when it is removed.

Recipe: A series of step-by-step instructions for preparing ingredients you forgot to buy, in utensils you don't own, to make a dish the dog won't eat.

Tongue: A variety of meat, rarely served because it clearly crosses the line between a cut of beef and a piece of dead cow.

Yogurt: Semi-solid dairy product made from partially evaporated and fermented milk. Yogurt is one of only three foods that taste exactly the same as they sound. The other two are goulash and squid.

Ugh! Tongue! Hubby loves it, myself not so much! [emoji32]

Goulash is the thing that I remember most about nursery school. Someone (probably my hubby as he went to the same place) told me once that it was made from fingernails, and being only 2/3 years old I believed them and threw a hissy fit the next time it was served at nursery, lol. Strange how I struggle to remember what I was doing yesterday but can remember nursery school perfectly!

Porridge Not Made the way of my ancestors is not worth giving to the heathens. Porridge without salt is not porridge. porridge with out sugar is" Did ya need it" . Porridge is an art. porridge is  for people requiring necessary calories for burns night. X    Ahh remembering the BURNs. > Isle of Gigha.   1970. Argyll

did you make these up?

Since living in France my kids eat all sorts of wonderful and hideous things, tongue being one of them :(

Did I make these up? I must confess, I did not.

Huskies in the Heartland

It sounds like something you would do Dave :)

Why Clare, you must have me confused with someone else.

Porridge -yes slow release energy

Tongue - we had it in the far east - actually very nice

Squid - yes but if cooked too hard too long - leather!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk