Laptop Help Required

ZachAttack

I am dumb when it comes to laptops. Basically I want it for 3 simple things. Browsing the internet, using word and using Itunes. So I thought this would do (see link) but when i got to the till the woman said it will run slow and I should get this other more expensive one (£20 more) as it has built in security blah blah blah but tbh i thought the HP one would be enough? Especially if I just get an external hardrive for my itunes? And wont AVG free suffice for security?

http://www.nigelohara.com/hewlett-packard-k4e40ea-abu-pid55161.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAlvilBRC5ueCzkpXb4kgSJADxop1BD4L3wMF3xREAAl8AKCtyAPLQ29433uo2ZAHEgHTAJRoC3Yfw_wcB

It will do what you need.

she's right it won't be very fast but as long as you're not trying to play up to date games or graphics (photoshop etc)

it should do what you need.

She did say she wasnt on commission but she was trying to sell quite hard. So will the AVG be enough for security?

Depends. I'm not very tech-y myself, but typically as long as you don't download from illicit websites or plug in random people's flash disks (especially ones that have previously been plugged into a public computer) AVG should be just fine. I do think I should remind you that it doesn't have a very good reputation though. It's like... the Internet Explorer of antivirus world :shrug:

I would wonder why anyone would take the trouble to design and sell a product that wasn't able to do basic things.  Short answer in my opinion is that you wouldn't.  It might not be the fastest laptop in the world but like Andy said, unless you're planning on using it for gaming and such like, then it should be able to handle your general run of the mill stuff ok.  I used to use AVG once upon a time and have tried Avast too.  They do ok but the main reason I gave them up is because I didn't like the lack of a firewall.  i'm pretty sure that windows defender has it's own firewall anyway but when i saw a cheap deal on Norton I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go.  Still undecided as to whether it's any better than the free ones though.  lol.