I Just Have To Say This!

leelibrian

about ten minutes ago we went outside to let the doggies have their final pees ect before bed and we always keep them on lead on the street (no garden) anyway because of the new dog Harlie when Leeli went inside and was let off she immediately ran back out of the door! i was out front and just heard my fiance shout 'noooooo!' this has happened before and we normally spend 2 hours chasing her all over the neighborhood.  thankfully she's never been hurt. anyway i saw her coming and did this spectacular dive tackling her to the floor while still holding onto Harlie. I rolled through the snow never letting go and long story short i got the little devil! i just had to say about it because it must be a highlight in my life right now. lmao!!

Glad to hear you managed to get her!   It really does put the fear of god into you when you end up in situations like this.  Bear escaped her harness when out on a walk a few months back and off she went dancing around the neighbours recycling bins in a hunt for some night time snacks.  Heart in mouth moment for sure.  Suspect we're all going to get premature grey hair at this rate, lol.

I had some ninja skills last night !! haha. 

Glad to hear you managed to get her!   It really does put the fear of god into you when you end up in situations like this.  Bear escaped her harness when out on a walk a few months back and off she went dancing around the neighbours recycling bins in a hunt for some night time snacks.  Heart in mouth moment for sure.  Suspect we're all going to get premature grey hair at this rate, lol.

its terrifying isnt it!!! i think we might all have a shorter life span with the stress our babies give us :]

Scrap that. We were in the park and we swapped lead with harlie and leeli and leeli got away and we chased her for half an hour. She's okay but i feel really deflated now :\

It just happens unfortunately :( it's not like you're planning to let her go. I've lost count how many times Dime has escaped. I'd say at least ten times. Each incident made my heart jump to my mouth... there's just no getting used to it.

It just happens unfortunately :( it's not like you're planning to let her go. I've lost count how many times Dime has escaped. I'd say at least ten times. Each incident made my heart jump to my mouth... there's just no getting used to it.

i honestly feel like crying whenever it happens i can scream at the top of my lungs and she will just ignore me :"( i worry sometimes that its just us who accidently let her go but when i hear other people do its obvious its just huskies !

Don't feel bad though! You're definitely not alone. I mean, Leeli is definitely not alone. I could stand right in front of Diamond in an attempt to corner him and he'd just zoom past me because making mommy worry is SO much fun :( the fact that he's as slippery as fish doesn't help either.

Yeah Leeli is the same! She does not give a damn when shes off exploring. Thankfully she always stays in places she knows. If she just ran full pelt and never looked back we would probably never find her. But everytime it happens i have that fear that she will just dissapear. One time i thought she was gone and i was crying my eyes out. Bit she came back. Its odd if we were to just close the door and not look for her she would run back. She likes us chasing her !! But we always have to just incase something happened x

Successdogs.com tell how to encourage (help towards) recall.

Practice any time calling them by name from anywhere in the house. Esp when out of sight!

Reward THE one you called first by name, with treat and praise "Good dog Come!" Reward all if all come.

Do it on the lead too;

Change direction and call ("name"-"come, come" running a bit & hopefully not having to pull them with you...pat your legs or clap or something to attract their attention. Reward with fuss and treat immediately and as above.

Do this ANYwhere ANYtime (so treats in pockets very much a necessity all the time!)

The idea is it becomes so ingrained like brainwashing...they just turn the minute you call.

Tense voices can do the opposite if they've become tuned to one kind of pitch for recall.

The whistle call can be interspersed in training too - as written elsewhere.

Difficult to emulate fun and encouragement when your heart leaps if one or all take off but keep at it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Successdogs.com tell how to encourage (help towards) recall.

Practice any time calling them by name from anywhere in the house. Esp when out of sight!

Reward THE one you called first by name, with treat and praise "Good dog Come!" Reward all if all come.

Do it on the lead too;

Change direction and call ("name"-"come, come" running a bit & hopefully not having to pull them with you...pat your legs or clap or something to attract their attention. Reward with fuss and treat immediately and as above.

Do this ANYwhere ANYtime (so treats in pockets very much a necessity all the time!)

The idea is it becomes so ingrained like brainwashing...they just turn the minute you call.

Tense voices can do the opposite if they've become tuned to one kind of pitch for recall.

The whistle call can be interspersed in training too - as written elsewhere.

Difficult to emulate fun and encouragement when your heart leaps if one or all take off but keep at it.

thats some good information. thank you.yes when she does a runner my voice is like a banshee. i just cant remain calm with the fear of her getting hurt..

SibeHush has even better tips. These dogs are intelligent. Bored kids get up to mischief. My tv time is rare...mine keep me focussed on keeping them focussed on me!

SibeHush has even better tips. These dogs are intelligent. Bored kids get up to mischief. My tv time is rare...mine keep me focussed on keeping them focussed on me!

that sounds good. i will have a look. ive been looking at shibashake which is quite good as well. i think we have too much tv time. i think its time to focus on the furbabies!