Hen Do Help

Carly

I am looking for some ideas for my hen do.....

I don't want a debauched affair (I did that with my first horrible marriage) and as I'll be 40 a few days after the wedding I feel like I can't and don't really want to get dressed up like I'm 23 for a night on the town in an outfit that makes me look a little "mutton"!

I originally thought about having a spa day but that would be mean the hens paying for themselves and I know they can't all afford to do that, so now I'm thinking about a meal or something, but that seems a bit boring....so I'm stuck. I don't want to not do anything because unlike the last wedding this one seems different, I feel different, like I care more somehow so I want to do something to celebrate that I am marrying someone I absolutely adore, but I just feel like all my ideas have been ploughed into the wedding and I've run out....suggestions would be gratefully received

A meal sounds lovely, not boring at all. My Anneka not a clubbing/party girl so chose to have a girly night sleep over with her bridesmaid on Friday, both enjoyed it. They went out for tea then did their nails etc. Do what you want not what others think you should xxx its your special time enjoy x

If you fancy a Spa type of do then why not see if you can organise someone to come to the house or one of your bridesmaids houses. If not then just have a girly night in, doing each others hair and makeup, a few bottles of wine and some takeaway.  Would be very inexpensive and very personal. You could watch soppy romantic movies, or get dressed up and make a play list of your favourite disco songs :)

A spa day could cost you a fortune so.... what about an afternoon tea in London ? I know it's a journey from you but train tickets booked in advance can be really cheap, you could do tea at one of the nice hotels, or can I suggest something a little bit different ? Down a small backstretch is a club called Volupte, the ground floor is a cocktail bar, and downstairs is the floor show.

Have you ever heard of Burlesque ? On a couple of Saturday's a month they do a voluptea show, dancers, a comic, high tea and champagne, I think it's about £40 a head, it's not a strip club, most of the audience and almost all the staff are female, last time I went there were two hen parties and a baby shower lol, it's definitely not your average hen do !

II I don't think there's anything wrong with a meal out! I agree with Clare night in would be good to, could have a cocktail making night at someone's house, get a take away and have a good singalong! There's a sweet shop my me and a girl from work had her hen do there, they do parties in the evenings you get to paint your own ceramic and eat loads of sweets, and take your own drinks, sounds silly but that's really fun [emoji4] or there's husky mushing in the Lake District haha! I don't think it matters what you do, it's the people that you're with that will make it a nice hen do for you

Funnily enough I was thinking of the cocktail making & a posh buffet....with karaoke?

So I do have a plan already for one thing....not all hens will be involved due to distance restrictions but a few of us are going to do Race For Life on 21st June....we're all registered so we just need to think of a theme and I thought it would be great to have a mini-do in aid of a great cause before having the main event at the end of July.....