Earth Quake

Clare70

Not really sure where to put this post but seeing as I'm ok I'll pop it in here.

About 7.20 this evening I had just left the shower room when I heard a really loud bang.  Given it was blowing a gale outside and my son was playing his bass guitar I didn't think too much of it.

Just found out there was an earthquake or tremor at that time of 3.7 about 20km away from me, so I'm guessing it was that.

Harry has been very strange all evening and is now in my bedroom which is most unlike him. I guess he senses something :)

Yeah there have been 2 earthquakes in the UK in the last 2 days. (both minor)

animals are known to be able to sense the shifts in the earths electromagnetic field caused by the earthquake.

Oh wow, you got some earthquakes too.  Must have been a bit scary.   Remember last year I heard a sonic boom for the first time, I thought something had exploded like the local gas works, gave me a right proper fright! 

To be honest I wouldn't have really known about it, I put it down to all the racket going on with the dogs :)  Was only later I was checking something online and found the info there.  Checked the link out and sure enough it had been recorded on an earthquake site, Tres bizarre! :)

We had one in 2008, I was apple picking and hubby and son were at home. Hubby called me because he was freaked out! The whole house shook, stuff started walking across the table.  It only lasted 15 seconds but was really un nerving.  He was worried about me as I was working out doors, probably thought I'd fall off my ladder :)  I didn't feel a thing.

The geology is quite unique where I live and scientists have written quite a few reports on it.  :)