Sensory Garden

Stormy

Making plans for my garden for this year :) As its taken forever to get it to a good place! Its finally getting somewhere all the weeds are now dead and some of the grass has grown back though some more work needs doing there. 

Anyway i took the back fence down as there was a patch behind that of land with loads of trees they have all been cut down previously etc so its just a slope of land now that i had no idea what to do with it!

I have decided to make it a sensory garden for the dogs :) Saw it in dogs today magazine ages ago! You plants certain plants and have different types of ground so there are different textures for them to walk on etc. It helps them use their minds etc

Going to get a sandpit and a paddling pool and then plants that are all used different for different things for dogs :) will probably think of some other things to but im quite excited to do this :D 

Then the rest of the garden ill be putting more grass seed down as that has worked really well so far get it all grown back and then extend the patio more :)

Anyone else done anything like this?

This is a sensory garden at a rescue centre obv i cannot do anything to this scale but going to do a mini version :D

stimulate_the_senses1.jpg

Sounds like a great plan.  Tunnel sounds like a really fun idea.  Can't wait to see pics of the garden once it is done.  Maybe you could do a diary so we can see how you have designed and implemented your ideas.  Be really interesting and may inspire sensory gardens round the world. :D

Okay here is where the garden has come from so far!

When i moved in the back fence was still there:

10686871_645749975550851_861666537956123

Fence all down and trees were cut down but then loads started to grow back and i was working alot at the time so didn't have alot of time to sort it so it became a jungle:

11024_645750018884180_593749342218773497

Then i cut it all back down killed off all the weeds including all the grass well what was left! Then i put grass seed down etc later on and today ive raked it all and cleared alot of any weeds that were left from the roots and this is it today:

10968536_645750058884176_65993311363314110982415_645750092217506_793818583882988

So thats where im at at the moment not a bad base to start with now :)