Harlie Is Not Going Back To Her Old Owners..

leelibrian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow glad to hear ur keeping her :) it's going to be a lot of hard word but in the end it will be worth it.give her enough time to settle properly and u should see a change in her behaviour,if u don't know her past properly which it sounds like u don't really then I'm guessing she's had to fight for her place and with the amount of animals the woman sounds like she has then it doesn't surprise me. If you can get a behaviourist then I would suggest that over a trainer because theyr qualified to deal with that type of situation better and can help you understand why the dogs behaving like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

first of all great news, secondly tell the previous owners you are planning to put the money towards her being spayed - they should have been more honest about her issues.

Hope all goes well and it works out for you all. It took a good long time for all ours to be totally relaxed around each other and they have a definate pack order with the old non huskyfirmly at the top, but Tanna is a loud pushy madam and certainly lets us know if she doesn't get her own way and poor Storm just accepts it all ( unless there is a stray bit of kibble lying around then it's every dog for themselves).

Good on you for sticking by her.

thats what its like here. i honestly think its going to be okay.

you know i would say i wont be paying them the money but i am terrified of the outcome. im a massive wimp when it comes to conflict lmao

i said no to her helping with training fees as they are a bit weird and i dont want them to try and hold anything against us and i kind of just want them gone out of my life.

i wish i had the courage to say 'you wont be getting any more money as you say she was good with other dogs and that she had no problems and you also told us she was pedigree but you lieed'

lol. its funny because i told her about the guarding and she was like 'OH MY HARLIE HAS NEVER DONE THAT'

and then i told her daughter and her daughter replied with 'oh yeah harlie guards everything'

i smell deceit. haha

its good to know that most dogs get a long eventually and i hope thats the case with us!

EDIT; we've given them 150 now and they will be expecting a further 100..

but thinking about it a non pedigree dog with behaviour problems and agression surely should never cost that much money?

ugh i dont know.

Can't you make somebody else answer the phone for you then? I kind of wish you got that 150 back :( I mean, sometimes my friends make me write letters or reply texts to people they're afraid of being stern to. Sometimes the best judge is indeed other people.

Edited by mydiamond

Honestly, I would just get it over with and give them the money. You don't know what these people are capable of, and if they know where you live and are the type to do it, they can cause vandalism to your property.

Just pay them off and they'll leave you alone - like you said you just want them out of your life. Paying them off is the quickest way to do it. I know it really sucks, because essentially you were lied to and ripped off, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. :(

I'm really glad you decided to keep Harlie, and that a malamute rescue is helping you with her behaviour problems! I wish you the best of luck! 

Edited by Elyse

Can't you make somebody else answer the phone for you then? I kind of wish you got that 150 back :( I mean, sometimes my friends make me write letters or reply texts to people they're afraid of being stern to. Sometimes the best judge is indeed other people.

i havent really got any friends who could help out lmao and my fiance wants to just pay the money back for the dog. hey why dont you do it for me? lol i joke i joke :D

Honestly, I would just get it over with and give them the money. You don't know what these people are capable of, and if they know where you live and are the type to do it, they can cause vandalism to your property.

Just pay them off and they'll leave you alone - like you said you just want them out of your life. Paying them off is the quickest way to do it. I know it really sucks, because essentially you were lied to and ripped off, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. :(

I'm really glad you decided to keep Harlie, and that a malamute rescue is helping you with her behaviour problems! I wish you the best of luck! 

i kind of agree, i hate paying it after how loopy she is but just gotta do it!

want them gone and i honestly dont know like you said what they are capable of.

the mally rescue is being brilliant actually :D im well impressed and also happy i contacted them!

thankyouuuu