Husky Won't Stop Trying To Eat Starfish On The Beach

keikosmum

Hi, 

My husky puppy is around 5 months old now and has become really fussy with her food and doesn't seem to be that keen on anything at the moment. She does seem interested in trying to get close to whatever human food she can, she hasn't and won't be having any of that though. I live close to a beach and she often goes there for a good long walk, allowing her to run and interact with other dogs. She's been really good on the whole, except recently she won't leave the starfish alone. There's a hell of a lot of them that have been washed up and she insists on digging and seeking them out. I've read online that they can be poisonous and cause problems, upsetting the dog's tummy. I really would rather not allow her to do this but just don't know how to stop it.

Has anyone else had experience with their dog/dogs doing this? Or any other strange eating habits? 

Yeah she's been off the lead and has been fine but is now starting to push the boundaries a lot more so I think she'll be back on the lead and being trained a little bit more from now on. I did think about muzzling her as I've seen another husky that is muzzled to stop it from eating things. I'm just worried people get the wrong idea and will think that she's vicious and won't understand that its to stop her from picking everything up. Do you know if the halti leads muzzle or if they just sit at the back of the mouth area?

I'll get her one of those and hopefully it'll stop her. She won't be going off the lead again for the foreseeable future until some more training has been done so hopefully i'll be able to keep her away from them as well. Thanks for your help :)

100ft leads are brilliant