Who Can I Complain Too?

leelibrian

Never tell a dog off when they growl at you. Divert there attention to you with a command.  Sit stay. lay down. Whats this, tone of voice is important positive, slightly high pitched. Anything but a growl back.  Sit means treat to my dogs or we need to cross a road so a pause in what we are doing is needed.  One thing you must be careful of is sit does not mean growl reward. Sit means focus on you, add a paw in to the request to.  So Sit paw reward. No sit no paw no reward. make sure the treat is high value as this is a high value response you require. Good girl, boy. walk away.  

Just love the name `Brian. This is our friends nick name for Noah.  Cause he is so loveable. 

Your not doing things wrong your just on the path to a better understanding.  And we all are, nobodies relationship with their woofs is perfect it is always a work in progress, just like any relationship. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I think money is the elephant in the room...

We all find ourselves in times of financial strain, but we have a duty and responsibility to provide for the loved ones in our care. Sometimes sacrifices need to be made in order to be able to provide such care. I am pretty sure that it was you who wanted to buy the dog and not the seller knocking on your door on the off chance you wanted to buy a dog.

I think that until you pay the previous owners you will never be rid of them. Pay them and take ownership of the situation you have put yourself in. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but the dogs are the only ones not to blame for this sad situation. Taking on a third dog that you don't seem to be able to provide for was in my opinion a mistake, but having said that, it is time to dust yourself off and work very hard on making it work. Please don't take this as a personal attack, as I wouldn't bother to post if I didn't care about you and your dogs.

I am not sure how much exercise they are all getting, but exercise and training will make for a much happier dog and owner. 

I really feel for you Kizzy and I am sure you are a caring person, but for me or anyone else to give soft advice is not really going help you. Make a plan, write down the steps, maybe bounce it off some people here and stick to it no matter how hard it is. Once you do something like this I am sure you will get 100% support from everyone here.

I wish you all the best in moving forward  :)

Oh my you seem to be in a right old mess.

From reading all of your previous posts you seem to be rather confused about what to do.  One minute you are going to sell Harlie to pay off the previous owners, then she's going to a rescue centre then you want to keep her.  I really wish I lived near you as I'd come and get her in a heart beat!  I really feel for Harlie, the people you got her from are clearly scum of the earth and most likely the reason she has issues.  I think you have been very irresponsible in taking on another dog you couldn't even afford to pay for.  Did you not let your dogs meet her first? This is such an obvious thing to do!  

I feel like you need a good kick up the backside, either pay this woman off and move on or deal with the consequences.  I think you realise you've made an error and don't know which way to turn.  I really wish you'd focus on Harlie and not this woman, I understand you are frustrated with her but think you have enough on your plate with your dogs.

Personally I think you should rehome her, she sounds like she needs alot of one to one and would be better off as a one dog family rather than part of a pack. I know you love her, that much is true otherwise you wouldn't be posting on here but at the end of the day the dogs well being has to come first.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but I think you really need to come to a decision and stick to it. People on here really want to help but I think you need to take a chill pill.  Some of the things you say 'ring alarm bells' and this is why some members on here find your comments frustrating.  I really hope things have a happy ending for you, Harlie and your other dogs. :)