Akc Siberian Husky Puppy Help Info

VampireSPC

Thank you , from what I can tell it looks normal , I'm on my phone so the pic is kind of small all puppies differ on how long it'll take for they're ears to stand up but they do eventually , just don't play with it as it will soften the cartilage then it'll stay floppy , he looks like a light red to me but he could get darker as he grows they change SO much as puppies

Oh and welcome to the forum :-)

Welcome to the forum :up:

Yeah as Nix says some ears don't stand up for the first couple of months.

Then by the time they get to about 5 months they hit the "bat eared" stage

Where they seem to be all ears :)

Hello and  :welcomepack:  :wave: 

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said but I do believe when you fill out your AKC papers, there will only be the option to list him as "Red and White" anyway. My red girl Roux got light as she got a little older and now she is going on 7 months and has started to get a little darker again.  :) 

Yikes, the breeder really should not have released him until at least 8 weeks of age, preferably 9-10 weeks, anyway his ears will start perking up soon, mine had floppy ears until they were about 12 weeks old if I remember correctly.

It's rather a surprise you have him at such an ealy age, however we don't know of the circumstances why he was allowed to leave his mum at this tender age.  You are most likely to have all sorts of problems with his behaviour, stuff he would have learnt from his mum and siblings.  However, with lots of patience and consistency it shouldn't be an issue long term.

Everyone here is only too willing to help, so if you have any questions I'm sure someone will have an answer for you.  Good luck, you're gonna need it :)

I am from Texas and down here people legally adopt out there pets at six weeks. I found a owner of alcohol registered Siberian huskies. Who was due to have a litter in January. I put a deposit down for a male. When they were born I picked the one I wanted. I waited and was prepares to wait for up to 8 weeks. When they hit four whold she notified me that the mother was refusing to nurse the babies. So by 5 weeks They were weaned and on mush. I don't like that I got him so young away from his siblings and mum but to explain it better. She started selling the babies first come first serve and was not going to hold him for me. Being a breeder years ago. I know how to properly raise extremely young babies. But even so because he's been removed so young I'm definitely going to have to do puppy classes. And play dates the poor boy. I keep him by my side constantly he has seperation anxiety. But we'll update frequently.

Hidden

Cripes. Not nursing is NEVER a reason to separate the litter. Hearing that wrenches at my heart. And selling first come first serve?!?!? A travesty to all responsible breeders. I have my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully you can pass the word along and others can avoid that person in the future and make it worth more to them NOT to breed.