Ronin To The Rescue

Jase

Some of you here will probably know of the strong friendship Ronin has with a greyhound called Tigger...

On the weekend we went to the off-lead dog park and a big intact GSD comes in. We have seen him before and he will bully some of the dogs and will become too in the face for Tigger.  But strangely enough none of the bigger dogs will attempt any bullying of Ronin. But the situation was a bit concerning to me not only because I love Tigger, but also because I was unsure what might happen with Ronin.

Now, Ronin is only 16 months old, but he not small and is very confident and muscular but he is not aggressive. He has what Tigger's owner has called a certain 'swagger' LOL. So after a while the GSD was becoming more full-on with Tigger who for the first time seemed very uncomfortable and a bit afraid and his owner was getting worried... So up trots Ronin, as calm as you like and stands between the GSD and Tigger. He did nothing else but look impressive and possibly intimidating to the larger GSD. The GSD then sizes up Ronin and decides to walk away. 

I was getting ready to spring in there if things escalated but thankfully it didn't. Shortly after, Tigger did a normal gallop around the park and a few dogs gave chase - as is a normal part of doggy fun, but the GSD joined in. So Ronin took off like lightning and taking a short cut over the sand pit, got between them again and things came to a halt. Thankfully, once again the GSD backed off. 

Tigger's owner finally said to the GSD's owner that he was getting a bit too aggressive, so he left in a huff and Ronin got lots of treats from Tigger's owner  :)

It is strange, as they both will play with other dogs, but this was the first time I had seen this type of protection. Dunno really, but what makes it also strange is that Ronin got attacked  as a puppy and yet he has no fear or aggression to other dogs, in fact it is the opposite he thinks he is 'Super Dog'  :lol:

... and of course after the incidents and in typical fashion, Ronin chomps on Tiggers head, Tigger grabs Ronin's cheek and they carry on like pork chops having heaps of fun till its time to go home :D  

post-10021-0-88394500-1424676633_thumb.j

old photo above.

Edited by Jase

Good boy Ronin!

We've never been in this situation as we don't get to see many other dogs around here and if we do they are all ickle ones :)

I'd like to hope one of them would be protective of another if the situation called for it, hope I never have to find out :)

Well done Ronin....

it amazes me how sometimes we have 1 thing in out head about a particular situation and that our furkids do the total opposite...

Thanks Rob, they really are amazing and I agree they always have ways to surprise us  :)

Ronin. Is. An Amazing Husky. Noah will do this with Bella if she is scared of a dog paying too much attention. Tigger is a very lucky dog having a friend to protect him x x

Thanks Kati, and well done to Noah, what a beauty he is  :)

Good boy Ronin!

We've never been in this situation as we don't get to see many other dogs around here and if we do they are all ickle ones :)

I'd like to hope one of them would be protective of another if the situation called for it, hope I never have to find out :)

Thanks Clare, yeah it is certainly very alarming and I also hope you never have to find out. 

I always have my lead at the ready in the park and with the handle on the harness I can remove him from any trouble pretty quickly. I have seen some nasty fights but luckily dogs don't pick on Ronin and he never joins in... touch wood. 

Edited by Jase

Good boy Ronin.

You stand up for your mate. :up:

My girly Daughtry used to put herself between Echo and Darwin if she sensed 

that things were going to kick off

Good boy Ronin.

You stand up for your mate. :up:

My girly Daughtry used to put herself between Echo and Darwin if she sensed 

that things were going to kick off

Thanks Andy

Id like to think your sweet Daughtry is still doing this from above. 

awww what a great boy Ronin!  Extra treats are the least you should get - hit your dad up for a new leash, harness, dog bowl, dog bed, heck - take his bed!  B)

This reminds me of how Big D was at the dog park - if dogs played too rough he would amble over and just stand there  bless him Love you D x

Aww well done Ronin! I love the friendship these 2 have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Rachael  :)

Good Boy Ronin! such a handsome chap :)

Thanks Benjamin   :)

awww what a great boy Ronin!  Extra treats are the least you should get - hit your dad up for a new leash, harness, dog bowl, dog bed, heck - take his bed!  B)

This reminds me of how Big D was at the dog park - if dogs played too rough he would amble over and just stand there  bless him Love you D x

:lol: I need no encouragement to buy Ronin accessories LOL, he will be getting a nice X-back harness soon though and I did spend $75 on a bag of bully sticks and kangaroo tendons  :o

Nice to hear Bid D was a bouncer too, I'd love to think he is helping keep order at the playground over the rainbow bridge  :)

Thanks Rachael  :)

Thanks Benjamin   :)

:lol: I need no encouragement to buy Ronin accessories LOL, he will be getting a nice X-back harness soon though and I did spend $75 on a bag of bully sticks and kangaroo tendons  :o

Nice to hear Bid D was a bouncer too, I'd love to think he is helping keep order at the playground over the rainbow bridge  :)

Ah - I see he has you well and truly under his paw then :D