New Member To Our Family!

SnowDogLove

I would like everyone to meet my newest, most spur-of-the-moment furbaby, Pluto! I had actually been browsing puppy listings and breeders looking for Siberian Huskies for other people I came across that wanted one. I am so obsessed with looking at puppies that I happily volunteered to help them look, when I came across this handsome fellow. As soon as I saw him, I knew. I showed him to Cody and we both agreed that we wanted him. Took a 4-hour drive the next day to check everything out and took him right home with us! He is a CHUNK! The photo below of him and Leloo side by side is Leloo at 15 weeks old, and Pluto at 8 weeks old. He is getting along famously with the rest of the dogs and is so playful and clumsy, it's adorable! All of the pictures below are from the breeder except the one with Leloo, I haven't gotten a chance to take any good photos of him yet. Enjoy!  :D 

post-11270-0-88643300-1424699764_thumb.j

post-11270-0-49508100-1424699773_thumb.j

post-11270-0-05839300-1424699782_thumb.j

post-11270-0-11464700-1424699792_thumb.j

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hidden

It's a bit late if they haven't :)

Yeah, but if I found out a pup I bought hadn't had both parents testing done, I'd demand for them to have it done immediately. I just saw yet another pup in a FB group come up with a heritable eye disease. And every time I read updates on HuskyMom09's Rogue I just want to cry.

Yeah, but if I found out a pup I bought hadn't had both parents testing done, I'd demand for them to have it done immediately. I just saw yet another pup in a FB group come up with a heritable eye disease. And every time I read updates on HuskyMom09's Rogue I just want to cry.

And then what? I understand, but I doubt you'd buy a pup without its parents being checked for everything. Not everyone (me) is interested in the 'perfect' pup.  Of course I wish all dogs were healthy and without fault, just like human beings.  And of course I don't condone BSB, but there are pups out there already born needing a loving home. Maybe they won't live to a ripe old age and maybe their owners will have to make the heart wrenching decision to pts one day, rather than see them suffer, but I'd rather be 'touched' by one of these dogs and know I've done all I can to ensure its had the best life possible, than to search the that 'perfect' specimen.

Hidden

And then what? I understand, but I doubt you'd buy a pup without its parents being checked for everything. Not everyone (me) is interested in the 'perfect' pup.  Of course I wish all dogs were healthy and without fault, just like human beings.  And of course I don't condone BSB, but there are pups out there already born needing a loving home. Maybe they won't live to a ripe old age and maybe their owners will have to make the heart wrenching decision to pts one day, rather than see them suffer, but I'd rather be 'touched' by one of these dogs and know I've done all I can to ensure its had the best life possible, than to search the that 'perfect' specimen.

Its not about the 'perfect' pup...it's about the health of your pet or whatever you purchased your pup for their whole lives.   It's one thing to rescue an unknown....but to pay someone (a breeder) for their lack of responsibility and duty to the breed....that's just adding to the problem.  Having the information, even after the fact, can better prepare you for as far as what that pup may need palliative care wise as it ages.

What's going on in this thread? Whether we support rescues, breeders or both one thing we're all united in is our love for the wellbeing and welfare of our canine companions.
Let's get back to topic by congratulating snowdoglove on her new family member and offer support. [emoji1]

I agree, this isn't about rescue vs. breeders or whether or not they had all the certifications done.  I understand your concerns, but honestly she just wants to introduce her new puppy.  Please let's get back on topic :)