Hi

Skyla

Hi everyone, i'm getting a new husky puppy on Friday and if all goes well she will be in her new home . She will be 8 weeks in 3 days .Theres just one thing though her ears are floppy is that normal at that age or should they be sitting upright? I'll get a picture added once im on my phone to let you see her The minute I saw the picture of her my heart just fell for her shes so beautiful and I think i've got a name for her already, im thinking about Skyla, open to suggestions though :) Nice to be a part of this forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hidden

Some pups will have floppy ears when they are young but should stand up eventually. Its more important that you are sure you are buying from a responsible breeder. Hip and eye certifications should be easily researched and verified.  This blog post uses an example of a US based certification program; however all the points are still valid for ensuring your breeder is reputable. http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com/blog/how-to-decode-puppy-adshttp://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com/what-to-look-for-in-a-breeder.html

Hidden

When it comes to names, I always have a list of names I like on hand, but will spend a week or two with the ever famous D.O.G. before choosing one. One of my favorite puppies was named after my girl Nana, who's nickname is BRD (Bad Red Dog). Her breeder had a pup with a lot of her "personality". His name is Brad.... Bad Red A-hole Dog.

Welcome, You have to make a minimum of 5 posts before you can post pics.

It's an anti-spam precaution.

Welcome to the pack :-) puppies ears change as they grow , some will stay floppy till several months old others will be upright quite quickly , totally normal , don't play with them whilst they're floppy as it will soften the cartilage and then they'll stay floppy :-) I love the name skyla ;-) but then I would having my own skyla lol

Does she look full breed to all of u? She said their eyes blue but one of the pups are bi eyed,then when she told me what bi eyed was she said that it's when theres brown in the middle but blue outside? I always thought that bi eyed was two different colours of eyes.

:wave: She's a cutie! Welcome to the forum both of you! As to being full-blooded, she APPEARS to be, but her breeder doesn't seem to be overly knowledgeable if she is referring to a parti-eyed puppy as bi-eyed, and equally not know what a parti-eye really is. I have seen a few litters of Siberian Husky puppies that a majority leave at 8 weeks old with flopped ears but they do USUALLY perk up in a couple of weeks. When I first got my Meeko one of his ears was flopped down and the other was up.  :D

The breeders seem pretty sketchy they won't send pictures of the boy dog as they don't own him and won't send pictures of the mum either although say most of the pups look like her.im thinking to just leave it for now :( but I will be looking at other options. I don't mind if I end up with an adult husky, just preferred for it to be a puppy so I can train her from the beginning, I will love her either way adult or puppy :)

we waited for our first, Skye for what seemed like an age...either we didn't get the right feeling or the details coming through seemed a bit dodgy, for example couldn't send me any more pictures than were on the website etc??? finally we found her about 2 hours drive from where we lived, a little white bundle with bi-eyes and we were smitten.

you'll know when the right baby (and where he/she is coming from) comes along, as everyone on here at the time used to tell me...be patient, keep looking and ask lots of questions  :)