In Search Of Dog Fur

l2d2davis

Hello!

I'm in search of husky brushings!

I have just recently learned how to spin dog brushings into yarn and I need to keep spinning to work on muscle memory!:-) Doggies everywhere in colder climates are getting ready to blow their coats... If you live in the U.S. or Canada and would be willing to save & ship your free brushings to me (husky or any breed), I would be happy to reimburse your shipping costs either by Paypal or snail mail. Please message me if you're interested in helping out!

Thanks!

Lisa

post-12927-0-57902100-1425485905_thumb.p

I'm clueless at how much it would cost to post a package to the states! :-( If if was less than $10 US, I'd be all for it! I'm dying to spin husky... I drool over the beautiful brushings in the above picture! Thanks for your reply! :-)

My, my, my. I've got 6 double-coated dogs now so you may be in for it from me! I'll have to start bagging and saving fur once they DO start shedding. Last year it didn't happen until like June-ish I think. But who knows about this year. I really hope they do another quick blow this time around because that slow blow I suffered through this winter was killing me!  :lol: 

Hi! Thanks for your reply! lol! I'll gladly be in for it! I would love to give all that wonderful fur a good home! :-) Message me when you have some fur ready to send and we can make arrangements for reimbursed shipping! Happy collecting! :-)

Every time I'm picking up the husky tumbleweeds on the floor, the thought of making cushions/pillows goes through my head. I think the hair would compress quickly though and not be so soft anymore. Cool that you can make yarn from it :D

Every time I'm picking up the husky tumbleweeds on the floor, the thought of making cushions/pillows goes through my head. I think the hair would compress quickly though and not be so soft anymore. Cool that you can make yarn from it :D

I aspire to be able to spin Siberian fur. At this point I'm still learning to spin excellent woolen yarn but one day. . ..

I'm clueless at how much it would cost to post a package to the states! :-( If if was less than $10 US, I'd be all for it! I'm dying to spin husky... I drool over the beautiful brushings in the above picture! Thanks for your reply! :-)

I purchased a pound of Wensleydale top from a farm in northern GB a year ago and it ran me $25 to ship, but the exchange rate was different then and the shipping cost included packaging. That might be a rough way to compare shipping costs from England to the US.

Edited by elenamarie

• 2 weeks later...