Bad Luck

Emma

Continuing my run of bad luck this year is that a moment ago we discovered a burning smell and found that the boiler has broken. It's a very old boiler, probably as old as I am so new parts for it won't happen. We can't afford a new boiler right now so we're royally screwed. I'm trying to work out how to sort out getting the clothes washing done. Parents will probably help out on that score. But it's stressing me out! [emoji33]

that at least helps out...now just stick the dishes in the wasking machine and you will be sorted...unless offcourse you need the boiler for hot water ...do not see you squeeze the boys in the washing machine...:P

We were without a bathroom for 6 months (American members not the toilet) due to the walls falling down and it having to be rebuilt. We had to strip wash in the kitchen and go to my mums for showers, she lives 12 miles away :(

It's not nice when things break and go wrong, but somehow we manage to cope.  Being clean is over rated anyway :)

Do you get child tax credits? Or working tax credits (I am assuming your son is under 20 and in full time education)? If so, you may qualify for a free boiler from one of the big 6 energy companies in their ECO schemes. I'm not sure what the timescales for installation would be though.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/free-cavity-loft-insulation

Do you get child tax credits? Or working tax credits (I am assuming your son is under 20 and in full time education)? If so, you may qualify for a free boiler from one of the big 6 energy companies in their ECO schemes. I'm not sure what the timescales for installation would be though.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/free-cavity-loft-insulation

Thanks but we're not entitled to anything like that.  We just have to manage ourselves.