Sunday Funday - Pic Heavy

Jase

We have a group of Husky owners that get together at our local fenced in dog park on a Sunday. Afterwards we go to a dog cafe called Furbaby where we have a fenced in courtyard permanently booked for our get togethers.  There would have been 25 huskies at the park and around 10 at the cafe.

There was a bad Doberman there that was nipping all the dogs bums, Ronin has met it before so he told him in no uncertain terms to back the hell away. I moved in very close to intervene if necessary, but luckily the dobe thought twice about taking on Ronin - phew!

post-10021-0-54628300-1427017922_thumb.j

post-10021-0-03662400-1427017950.jpg

post-10021-0-36473000-1427018099_thumb.j

post-10021-0-38215100-1427018139_thumb.j

post-10021-0-91761900-1427018191_thumb.j

post-10021-0-75866700-1427018423_thumb.j

post-10021-0-49833300-1427018494_thumb.j

post-10021-0-41923800-1427018547_thumb.j

post-10021-0-96873500-1427018594_thumb.j

post-10021-0-89674900-1427018625_thumb.j

post-10021-0-15854400-1427018650_thumb.j

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good lad Ronin... :P

very nice pic's Jase always nice to see that many coming together...

Cheers mate, 

He really is great with all dogs of all sizes, but none of the bullies mess with him  ;)

Awesome Pics Jase.

Great to see a big pack running and playing together.

For a minute I thought tigger was missing then looked again. . . Nope there's tigger in the thick of it :)

So many fluffybutts :D

I'll probably end up moving to Adelaide this year sometime, hoping the coolness will give me more motivation to go to the parks. Just far too hot this time of year. Probably be more huskies too :D

Awesome Pics Jase.

Great to see a big pack running and playing together.

For a minute I thought tigger was missing then looked again. . . Nope there's tigger in the thick of it :)

Thanks Andy  :up: Yeah, Tigger was granted honorary Husky status, he has even started to make husky noises  :lol:

So many fluffybutts :D

I'll probably end up moving to Adelaide this year sometime, hoping the coolness will give me more motivation to go to the parks. Just far too hot this time of year. Probably be more huskies too :D

Cheers Dan, yep Adelaide will certainly have more huskies and the cooler weather a bonus  :up:

Ronin's coat in the first couple of pics looks so fluffy, is that a result of brushing or something? Loki sometimes does the snarly face during play with buddy. He's never aggressive but I think he's trying to make himself look scary - to me it looks kinda cute :D

Ronin's coat in the first couple of pics looks so fluffy, is that a result of brushing or something? Loki sometimes does the snarly face during play with buddy. He's never aggressive but I think he's trying to make himself look scary - to me it looks kinda cute :D

The first two pics were not happy at all. He was fully, hackled up and this was a no-joke snarl. The dobe has been a nightmare to all people and their dogs at the park, and Ronin had had enough and I moved between them. He has a half wrinkled nose that he shows to his best mate Tigger and other buddies that appears fierce to others but it is just his play mode. The above first two pics were not that at all.

Having said that he does have a great coat, that comes from his genes and also the food and supplements I give him combined with grooming  :)

Oh, I should add that I didn't take the snarl pictures, I was moving in, monitoring and calming what was potentially a very dangerous situation. Luckily the dobe owner finally got control of his dog and left - after saying that he was going to belt his dog - if I see him belt his dog I will bloody well report him straight away.

Edited by Jase

Love the pics, must be so much fun watching them play and run about together. :D

Thanks Kati  :)  Yeah they have a blast and you get to see so many different personalities - Ronin is so cheeky and will always pick out the most full-on huskies and tease them. He is a clown for sure  :lol:

BTW, that is not me sitting down in the black trackie  :P

LOL, didn't think so but hey .. :D

Oh, I should add that I didn't take the snarl pictures, I was moving in, monitoring and calming what was potentially a very dangerous situation. Luckily the dobe owner finally got control of his dog and left - after saying that he was going to belt his dog - if I see him belt his dog I will bloody well report him straight away.

Do you find reports of animal abuse are acted on fairly quickly over there? Just today there was a post on Facebook about a ute with 3 unrestrained dogs in the back. The poster claims one of the dogs fell out as the car was moving, to which the driver stopped and put it back in. The person following got out and offered the guy some rope to tie them in with but he refused and drove off. He then says the tailgate fell open and he could clearly see blood on the dog.

There were suspicions that maybe the dogs were stolen, and I'm fairly sure there would have been many reports about the guy this morning, but from experience authorities are pretty damn slack over here with regards to this sort of thing. Sickens me really. Sometimes think maybe I should strive to become a police officer so I could deal with these braindead idiots myself, but don't think I could handle the other stuff that comes with the job :(

Oops, getting a bit OT lol  :mellow:

LOL, didn't think so but hey .. :D

Do you find reports of animal abuse are acted on fairly quickly over there? Just today there was a post on Facebook about a ute with 3 unrestrained dogs in the back. The poster claims one of the dogs fell out as the car was moving, to which the driver stopped and put it back in. The person following got out and offered the guy some rope to tie them in with but he refused and drove off. He then says the tailgate fell open and he could clearly see blood on the dog.

There were suspicions that maybe the dogs were stolen, and I'm fairly sure there would have been many reports about the guy this morning, but from experience authorities are pretty damn slack over here with regards to this sort of thing. Sickens me really. Sometimes think maybe I should strive to become a police officer so I could deal with these braindead idiots myself, but don't think I could handle the other stuff that comes with the job :(

Oops, getting a bit OT lol  :mellow:

I'm not sure Dan, I have rarely seen anyone hit their dog, I have seen a couple about to and told them very firmly "DONT!" but that is as far as I have got. Most people I see are kind and very dog savvy - I would hazard a guess that RSPCA would want some proof of abuse in order to act, but these days there are so many taking photos with their phones that it would not be hard to get proof. 

Great pics Jase. It's good that Ronin stands up for his rights.

Huskies in the Heartland

Great pics Jase. It's good that Ronin stands up for his rights.

Huskies in the Heartland

Thanks Dave,

Yeah Ronin is great and it takes a hell of a lot for him to show that face, but I'd rather that owners of aggressive dogs would keep their dogs safe and away from places like this.  

So many Huskies!!!!!  Awww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:up:

Argh! Ronin's TOO cute! 

Thanks mate!  :)

Brilliant pics!  That looks like such a great place for them to run and play too

This pic made me snort my coffee though  :rofl:  :rofl:

post-10021-0-41923800-1427018547_thumb.j

Thanks Sarah, that is Koda and quite often gets that look  :D

cool pictures :)

Thanks Dunc