Husky Paw Hair

Sashagirl

Do you trim the hair on your dogs paws? The hair that sticks out between the pads? I live in Florida, so no need to protect against the snow. All it does is track more dirt in the house. I want to do it, but I'm afraid she won't be happy about it and move while I'm trimming. Anyone have any suggestions?

i trim Skyes, i use the mikki ear and face scissors to do them tho as there small and the edges are curved. As if the dog chooses to move and you have pointy scissors you could cause an injury to the dog, so i find the mikki ear and face scissors better for the job. Doesn't matter how nicely your dog lays down for you to clip the claws or cut the fur between the pads, something could disturb them or they might get impatient. When i did dog grooming at college they said to trim the fur level with the pads, so i always have since. Take your time to get the dog used to it tho, treats can help during and after the grooming session.

hi when on holiday years ago in one of the hot states there was a husky at the motel and we said how do you keep him cool and thay said thay shaved him but kept the hair over his eyes and on his feet and when we said we can understand the eyes but why feet and thay said so his pads dont burn as much on the hot flags  so even when we get hot weather a rememberd this not that we get lots but we live in hope lol

hi when on holiday years ago in one of the hot states there was a husky at the motel and we said how do you keep him cool and thay said thay shaved him but kept the hair over his eyes and on his feet and when we said we can understand the eyes but why feet and thay said so his pads dont burn as much on the hot flags  so even when we get hot weather a rememberd this not that we get lots but we live in hope lol

Oh no! :( poor pup - huskies should never be shaved - their coats keep them cool in the summer and warm in the winter - if they don't have fur their skinis exposed to the sun and they can't cool themselves and run a high risk of sunstroke or death :(