Hi

LadyLion

Hi there everyone.

I just found this site when I was looking for information about huskies in general. I'm new to the husky breed and I find them absolutely amazing.

I just rescued a 1 1/2 year old, black and white with the most beautiful blue eyes, a little girl named Kara, she was in an aweful mess when I brought her home on Christmas eve, she was very under weight and had a few cuts and scrapes on her. Now I am happy to say she gaining weight and happy to be a spoiled little girl!  I will have to post some pictures of her a little later, she is absolutely gorgeous!

As a natural escape artist, she has let me know that doors will not keep her in/out,  she has gone thru 2 of them, taking the carpet with her!    I imagine her separation anxiety got the best of her tho, thankfully that is abating.

I've managed to kennel train her with the help of some peanut butter and that is working out well.  We run at the dog park twice a day and she is so gentle with the other dogs its hard to understand why people want to hurt or abuse these lovely creatures.

We are working on taking baths right now. Not sure what happened to her in the past, but this particular thing conjures up the most terrible shakes and cries from her, you'd think she was being murdered.  Anyone having any suggestions, I'd be very happy to hear them!

But my question, if anyone knows, Do huskies have white toenails? I could have sworn her toenails were all black, but today there are some that are white. Is this normal? I hope its not a sign that something is wrong with her.  Or is she secretly having her nails painted while I sleep?

I'm looking forward to meeting other owners and sharing some great information. 

Welcome to the pack , she's gorgeous , can u get a pic of her nails at all? Have you got a bath mat at all that might help with her feeling a bit safer as she's got a grip then I'd also try just giving her treats in the bath room n progress to the bath with no water in , good news is they rarely need bathing so you will have plenty of time to build up her confidence

Hello :)  All of mine have white nails.  As for baths I've never bathed mine, in the summer they like to sit and splash in a paddling pool.  Washing is over rated anyway ;)

Good on you for giving her a home :)  They aren't the easiest of breeds to look after but they are so rewarding :)

Thank you all for the support! Its wonderful to hear from all of you! I'm so happy to finally find a place where Huskies are the star! I have learned so much information already! Every one of your dogs are gorgeous and I am proud to be part of this community!