Wooo

Sarah

Took the boys out tonight for their walk and a horse and rider turned the corner just before us - i quickly grabbed their leads and pulled them in and told them to sit - and they DID!!  :o

I was shocked - they just sat there watching the horse clip clop past ..... that's a first!  Normally they're bouncing and shouting trying to get it to was a proud mummy moment.....then 5 mins later a guy was walking a GSD and all hell broke loose - proud mummy moment soon vanished :rolleyes: 

Do you dogs on a walk behave around horses or other animals or do you have the same problem - them bouncing on their  hind legs shouting wanting to sniff ?

one of the first times I had Storm at the beach I also had my friends lab with us. I pulled Storm in really close as I didn't know how she would react, but my friend had her own horse and a little pony so I had no worries about the lab as she was so used to being around horses. However Storm sat like an angel and Lottie went nuts. I later discovered that she was only ok with their own horses. Storm is used to sheep and cows and doesn't react Tanna does though especially if the stupid sheep run and of course it's lambing time too so we need to be especially careful.

Darwin and Echo arn't bothered by Horses

Daughtry On the other hand was like

"Yeah, I can eat that . . . lemme at it " :D

Not met horses so dont know. Was mighty embarrassed last week when he smacked a whippet on the head for talking to Charlie, we meet this dog on a regular basis it is painfully shy and this was the first (and probably last) time he responded with a wag of the tail when meeting my 2!

Well done kaiser kimba and koda xxx

Edited by goingsolo

Not met horses so dont know. Was mighty embarrassed last week when he smacked a whippet on the head for talking to Charlie, we meet this dog on a regular basis it is painfully shy and this was the first (and probably last) time he responded with a wag of the tail when meeting my 2!

Whoops!

My Chester was out with a friend's younger Sibe..last year. They were on a long enclosed lane like a bridle path..Both off lead. In the distance horses were coming up with riders with two dogs running with them also off lead.

Friend's heart skips a beat. He can't get either to come back to him!

The riders were up to them in no time...older woman very relaxed, just kept plodding on, younger rider (adult) beginning to freak out with Chester - twice the size of her collies...and transmitting this to her horse...

Chester and Diesel were absolutely calm, sauntered on past, said hello to the other two and carried on their way!

Have faith!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My guys are okay with horses...Neb is mixed with other dogs.  We can control him, but sometimes he 'tries to hard'.  I try to keep going rather than stopping to say hi though sometimes we do.  There are a tonne of dogs in this neighbourhood!