Will She Get Bulkier?

Wolfee

I can't help but worry about Freya's size/weight. 

Last time I took her to the vets, she said she was the perfect weight, but I still worry because she's so small... I don't mean small as in short or anything, just... When I look at her parents, and other Siberian Huskies, they're supposed to be really chunky or poofy right? 

Just wondering, is this normal for some huskies and will she get that way through age? My lab got chunkier as she aged, she sort of filled out a lot more, but I don't know about Freya because she's my first and only Husky. 

Thanks for any advice you can give me ^_^ <3

Oh yeah, I forgot, she's 1 years old. 

post-11906-0-58358000-1427220923_thumb.j

post-11906-0-68264200-1427220932_thumb.j

post-11906-0-63718100-1427220936_thumb.j

post-11906-0-62126000-1427220941_thumb.j

post-11906-0-55525800-1427220945_thumb.j

post-11906-0-40235000-1427220951_thumb.j

post-11906-0-73456000-1427220956_thumb.j

post-11906-0-56020900-1427220963_thumb.j

post-11906-0-68037000-1427220972_thumb.j

Oh, don't worry at all! Our Kallie is 4 years now and only this past summer she put on 5 lbs, so now weighs 42 lbs. She was slender up until then, now looks perfect, still a little slender, but a great weight for her. 

I worry like this for Skye and Holly as well because they are both real skinny minnie's too, now I don't want a fat dogs but I see everyone else's and they are all chunky etc and then I look at mine and they are the opposite?

The vet told me only 2 weeks ago that at 17.5kg Skye is perfect (she's very muscular), as is Holly at 14.5kg. They are both very bright and healthy and wonderful in their temperaments so I kinda keep reminding myself of that, if the vet is happy then surely I should be?

That said.....I do still worry so I totally know where you're coming from!

She will get fluffier with winter coat, she looks about the same as our Kallie. Deffo depends on the climate. Some years Kallie was very thick, this winter past she blew her coat in January. Very mild here in southern Alberta this winter.

On a side note, my grandparents were from Wigan! Winstanley & Reid

Thanks ^_^ 

It's funny, I look at her sometimes and think "Freya looks slim today" and then I can look at her some other time and think "she's really poofy today"  haha :') 

&Ahh cool :') I'd rather be in Alberta than Wigan though haha

Keira used to weigh 23kg before she was neutered, her record was 7 hours of running next to me as i cycled, and we only went home because i felt like i was going to pass out haha. She was super fit.

Now she is 4.5 years old (neutered at just over a year) she is 36kg... (she is a chunk of muscle, pic below) and she slows right down after the first half hour.

I would not worry over nothing, as long as she is in good health (cant feel spine/hip bones), her weight doesn't matter. There are small huskys as well as the odd chunky ones.

20140809_110126_zpsczxrrwhk.jpg

Like us humans huskies come in all different shapes and sizes.  If she's healthy, happy and full of energy then I wouldn't worry.  My boy was tiny and skinny for ages then just a few months ago he seemed to 'chunk up', now I'm monitoring his food intake as I don't want him to become over weight.

Sibes tend to grow for the first 12-18 months then start to fill out.  Their coats are diffrent too and may take a winter or two to find out its true denisty.

I know they are such a worry but try to enjoy them for how they are, not how you expect them to be :)