How Old Is My Dog Really?

AstrilafayeHusky

Hi everyone. As you know, I'm quite new to all this.

Ever since we bought our boy home at around 8 weeks old, my cousin and I have been unsure if he really is the age we were told he is. When we bought him home he was very small. So small in fact that he was able to sit on my kitchen scales! He weighed just 400g!

Although he is KC registered the breeder was a little suspect and it took me threatening legal action for her to actually register the litter!! By this time though we were already in love with the boy so we weren't going to give him up.

I just wondered if any of you had an opinion on his age? The photos attached are of him with our 13 week old (at the time) and late German Shepard puppy.

c74d8197772ccc8fb136dbe9d14c0e0c.jpg

37e2f330880a2fc2e69479efaf4fbd63.jpg

He has now grown quite a bit and the picture below is him with our 4 month old girl

3529b6d2f7aa0ada68addf594b09ecf7.jpg

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just a guess, because that's all anyone can offer you, other than the breeder.  I would say his age when you picked him up was between 4 to 5 weeks.  And I'm sure you know, that would be way too early for a pup to leave the litter, but not your fault.

Yes, I think you're right looking at pictures of other husky puppies that age online.

I am well aware that it's much too young for him to have left home. Unfortunately since he was the first husky puppy I've had I didn't know any different at the time :(

Luckily he was around other puppies so still managed to learn valuable lessons like bite inhibition but you can certainly tell with some of his behaviour that he missed out on valuable time with mummy and his litter mates. It's certainly made training him a lot harder!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk