Early Pregnancy Signs?

jem1905

Hey guys, although I'm a experienced breeder this is the first time I've bred our husky. She is just over a week into our long wait and I swear blind she is showing signs however it is usually closer to the 3 week mark with other breedss

Do huskies generally show early?

Her nipples has enlarged along with increased appetite and a definite mood change lol. From a funny bouncy girl we've got a tart who loves her comfort and just wants to sleep under a blankie being stroked... Stop stroking she wakes lol

Anyone else spotted early signs in their girlies or am I just going insane?

Hi, Thanks for joining the forum.

Could you do an Introduction in the . . . erm

introductions section please. :)

We have very, very few breeders on this site

Someone may be able to help with your question.

Welcome!

5271671491e6625d514177e0be161b30.jpgI bred Westies for five years - if any help...yep ...think of a newly pregnant mum...reassurance... sometimes sickness, feeling 'off', tired, snappy, off food, ravenous... you name it! Hormonal changes just as in humans......

Mine used to just want to be close a lot....and cuddles galore.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My Chester is Alaskan cross Siberian Malamute...Eski is also a Cross but more Siberian altho much thicker coat...Both big I'm 5'7" their shoulders are just at my half folded fingers... around 24-26" if they stand still long enough!

9469f2bcf36b346116ecffff7b400eb0.jpg

This chap over 6' tall so it gives you an idea of Eski's size...Chester is heavier - they match within an inch of each other and paces are perfect together when running...121da17fffb8c51dedeba5bfd890ef16.jpg

Chester by worktop in kitchen (standard height) shows his size here. At HuskyFest I only saw one other similar to him but still not as tall or big.

My Chester is Alaskan cross Siberian Malamute...Eski is also a Cross but more Siberian altho much thicker coat...Both big I'm 5'7" their shoulders are just at my half folded fingers... around 24-26" if they stand still long enough!

9469f2bcf36b346116ecffff7b400eb0.jpg

This chap over 6' tall so it gives you an idea of Eski's size...Chester is heavier - they match within an inch of each other and paces are perfect together when running...121da17fffb8c51dedeba5bfd890ef16.jpg

Chester by worktop in kitchen (standard height) shows his size here. At HuskyFest I only saw one other similar to him but still not as tall or big.

Sorry Jim..just realised that Q wasn't for me!!

Don't stress. It's very normal. Plenty to drink and small meals...dry biscuits or kibble - she'll settle after first trimester - or not...it's pretty common...

63-64 days..at a month or?now even, you could ask for an ultrasound at your vet's......about £30 I think but ask ....that will help you relax...

Ten early signs in dog's pregnancy..hope this helps...I Googled

Appetite

Dogs commonly lose their appetite midway through a pregnancy. Not all dogs experience this loss of appetite, but when it does happen, it's usually around the three-week mark.

Vaginal Discharge

Pregnant dogs often experience increased vaginal discharge around four weeks into their pregnancy. If your pregnant dog experiences significant vaginal bleeding in the early or middle part of pregnancy, seek veterinary help.

Energy Levels

It is common for a pregnant dog to become less active during her pregnancy. At any point during the gestation period, you may notice your dog spends more time resting -- she may seem to be depressed.

Abdomen

As puppies grow inside a pregnant dog, her abdomen will become enlarged. In the middle and late stages of pregnancy, an enlarged abdomen is one of the most obvious signs that a dog is expecting puppies. Forty days into a pregnancy, your dog may have 20 to 55 percent more body weight than before she was pregnant.

Teats

Your dog's teats, or nipples, become enlarged during pregnancy. Teat enlargement usually starts to show three to four weeks into the pregnancy.

Dog Pregnancy Test

You can buy a home pregnancy test for your dog. This should be purchased from a veterinarian -- human pregnancy tests are not accurate for dogs.

Veterinarian Visit

If you suspect your dog is pregnant, make a veterinary appointment. Your veterinarian can tell you whether your dog is pregnant by conducting a physical examination. Beyond about 25 days into the pregnancy, your vet can listen to the puppies' heartbeats through a stethoscope.

Ultrasound Scan

Your veterinarian can use an ultrasound scan to detect pregnancy as soon as four weeks after mating. The ultrasound can detect the presence of growing puppies inside your dog.

X-Ray

An X-ray scan uses radiation to create images of your dog's insides. At around 49 days into the pregnancy, the skeletons of puppies will typically be visible on an X-ray image.

Relaxin Test

Relaxin is a hormone that is present at high levels when a dog is pregnant. Between 21 and 25 days into your dog's pregnancy, a veterinarian can test for elevated relaxin levels and make a pregnancy diagnosis from these results.

Ok...mark diary...for both gestation periods...I'm sure it's 63 days from mating...? (edited not 93 days!lol)

Do you mean would be husky owners? I agree...get a deposit down and a bill of sale when puppy goes. Full address.

I wrote all my own out and stipulated if pup not wanted at any time they were to come back to me! (Stipulate No refund either!) If you choose to chip new owner can go via your vet to get all info done and handed over

I could also then rehome under my terms..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all I thought I kind of owe you all a update. We had Lola scanned on Friday which has confirmed our girl is 1000% pregnant. 7 pups were visible on the scan but its possible she may be hiding a couple up in her rib cage.

Sacs are measuring a couple of days large but nothing of concern and we was complimented on how healthy the pups all looked so we are just over the moon... For some reason I'm unable to upload the images from my tablet (hope someone knows why) here's to hoping our waiting list don't let us down and we won't have many homes to find :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!!

Lola is now 7 Weeks & 3 Days pregnant!!!

Yesterday we had her scanned again.. i know im terrible, crazy husky mama on full show! This has got to be the most adorable picture EVER!

Hope you like x

post-12976-0-03171900-1430924279_thumb.j