Dog Toys

HuskyLucy

I'm just wondering if anyone can advise me on any good dog toys for huskies or know of any good toys your huskies have had or have?

So far everything I have tried for Lucy she either isn't interested in it or she completely destroys it within 5 minutes.

Any suggestions are appreciated thanks

I couldn't find anything that mine will engage with on her own for longer than a minute or two unless it's destroyable/food oriented.

However, I did find something my dog goes nuts over but it requires my participation.

The best toy I have is a tug/flirt toy which is basically just a short tug rope attached to a string that I drag/throw- it engages her prey drive and is her highest valued item. It's a very good toy you can buy/make and it zaps their energy while preserving yours. 10minutes does about the same as an hour long walk. I'd bet most huskies would absolutely adore it... most all dogs for that matter.

if yours like balls then wilkinsons do a solid rubber ball

for about 2 quid each.

more expensive are kongs also pretty much indestructable

Yeah plastic bottles so far she loves I just thought I've been neglecting her with toys lately she always seems so sad yet we take her out on many walks at least 4 miles a day and she gets off lead in a massive dog park everyday but when she's at home I feel like she's bored but I've spent at least 100 quid on toys so far that she doesn't enjoy or she destroys. I'll just keep giving her plastic bottles until I find something she likes :-)

I bought a kong zebra that was supposed to be good quality she ripped it's head off in the first minute. What is that toy called sibehush?

It's called a "Flirt Pole"

But mine is homemade... rather than a lightweight/stuff-less toy on the end, it's a tug rope with tail fins... and I went without the pole... found it cumbersome and unnecessary. Mine is far more robust than those you'd buy from a pet store or elsewhere which don't allow for strong tug play, rather they focus purely on the chase.

Edit*

I posted a question here where you can find a picture of it...

I've ordered a nylabone hopefully it will last longer than everything else. Also hope she wants to play with it. It comes tomorrow so we shall see :-) I was going to order an antler but for the price I've seen cost nearly 10 pound for a decent hard antler and she might not even like it. If the nylabone doesn't work though I'll try an antler

I've ordered a nylabone hopefully it will last longer than everything else. Also hope she wants to play with it. It comes tomorrow so we shall see :-) I was going to order an antler but for the price I've seen cost nearly 10 pound for a decent hard antler and she might not even like it. If the nylabone doesn't work though I'll try an antler

paws crossed she likes it :)

Well Smokey chewed most of the one side off her nylabone within se onds last week! :-( worst toy I got her so far...I learned that the harder it is, the more she wants to chew it ;-)

She leaves solid rubber or tough rubber alone, but those foamish balls you get in the Chinese shops she rips apart in seconds because she just loves how chewey they are!

Mine have a toy box but alot of new toys just get ripped up lol I have to buy tough toys all the Kong's are still intact but they only like those when they're filled with tasty food! Got a few tug toys and nylabones and a few squueky balls still intact! But anything fluffy and stuffed gets ripped to shreds haha

Skye has a snake from pets at home, it is squeaky both ends and has rope running through it, she has never destroyed it and lovesit to bits...i can't tell you how many times its been through the wash and survived as well! 

At what point did you guys feel like you could leave both your dogs home alone and not separated? That's the reason we got another dog as Lucy is well trained to roam the entire house now and doesn't damage anything for the very few hours we are out so I wanted to get her some company since she loves playing with other dogs in the park